• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2007 Transfers

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Jun 7 2006, 12:27 PM
The Reds have signed 24 year old lock Ed O'Donoghue from Worcester.
:huh:

Seems a strange signing to make.

He didn't make our first team, and to my knowledge he didn't start for Worcester very often last year either.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 7 2006, 04:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Jun 7 2006, 12:27 PM
The Reds have signed 24 year old lock Ed O'Donoghue from Worcester.
:huh:

Seems a strange signing to make.

He didn't make our first team, and to my knowledge he didn't start for Worcester very often last year either. [/b]
That's because he's shite.

Looks like Sydney Roosters centre Ryan Cross is set to sign with the Western Force in the next day or two.

Dont think we really need another centre but more the merrier i guess.

Cross set to sign with Force
Tuesday June 13, 9:25 PM

716573338.jpg

^^GOOD HEAD

The Western Force is expected to announce the signing of Sydney Roosters centre Ryan Cross on Wednesday for the next two Super 14 seasons.

Speculation grew last week that the off-contract Cross would switch codes following the withdrawal of an offer from the Roosters.

This followed meetings between Cross and the Australian Rugby Union.

The Brumbies also met with Cross but it is believed he has agreed to terms with the Force.

The 26-year-old Cross made his NRL debut in 1998, having represented the Australian Schoolboys rugby union side the previous year.
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/060613/4/r66c.html
[/b]

He has officially signed. I think the Force have over done their backs recruiting, while the Reds have nothing. Thanks faggets.

9. Henjak
10. Mackay
11. Staniforth
12. Giteau
13. Cross
14. Shepard
15. Mitchell

20. O'Young
21. Ioane
22. Hilgendorf

Daruda
James
Pelesasa
Sare
Stapleton

_/

Solid.

Wow, leaving pelesasa, daruda and sare out...... that is solid.

Brumbies may get Stephen Hoiles next year, should know by Monday.

It's been on the tv and newspapers down here. Serious discussions. CEO Andrew Fagan is talking up our chances of getting him. I think I did here somewhere that he was in discussion with the Reds as well, but I hope we get him.

You don't even need him particularly. Not with Tawake, Smith and ex Queenslanders Heenan and Chisholm. Just let this one slide. Please.

He all but signed to come over to the Brumbies. It's harsh on Adam Wallace Harrison he was going so well at 8. Hollies should fit in well into our lineup though.

So much for Eddie attracting good players up here. So far we've signed a fat prop back from Ireland and lost two key backs in Huxley and Mitchell.

Hoiles swaps Sydney for Canberra
Monday June 19 2006

'I just love the way the Brumbies play'

NSW Waratahs back row forward Stephen Hoiles has signed a two-year contract with two-times Super Rugby champions, the ACT Brumbies.

Despite interest from the Waratahs and the Queensland Reds, the Wallaby loose forward feels the move from Sydney to Canberra will help him push for a World Cup place next season, having lost a bit of ground over the past few months.

"You just see it time and time again. Players go to the Brumbies and they improve," said Hoiles on the official Brumbies website. "I want that opportunity, particularly in a World Cup year.

"If I can play regular time with a settled backline that includes quality players Stephen Larkham, George Gregan and Mark Gerrard that will be my best chance of making it to France."

Hoiles added that playing "Brumbies rugby" was also very appealing to him: "I just love the way the Brumbies play. They obviously have a clear direction that everyone believes in and follows. It's an entertaining, attacking style that will suit my game."

Brumbies coach Laurie Fisher was happy with his latest acquisition.

"We see Stephen fitting in at No.8 although he does have versatility to play any position in the back row," said Fisher.

"There's no question that he will suit to our attacking style of game. He runs good lines, is evasive in attack and has tremendous vision around the field. He's also a quality line-out forward. He's clear about what he wants to achieve in his rugby and it’s our job to work with him to make sure it happens."

Hoiles, who played 30 Super Rugby matches for the 'Tahs, has two Wallaby caps to his credit. He is 1,90 metres tall, tipping the scales at 98 kilograms.

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Teams/Australi...ory_51961.shtml

[/b]

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Jun 20 2006, 09:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Hoiles swaps Sydney for Canberra
Monday June 19 2006

'I just love the way the Brumbies play'

NSW Waratahs back row forward Stephen Hoiles has signed a two-year contract with two-times Super Rugby champions, the ACT Brumbies.

Despite interest from the Waratahs and the Queensland Reds, the Wallaby loose forward feels the move from Sydney to Canberra will help him push for a World Cup place next season, having lost a bit of ground over the past few months.

"You just see it time and time again. Players go to the Brumbies and they improve," said Hoiles on the official Brumbies website. "I want that opportunity, particularly in a World Cup year.

"If I can play regular time with a settled backline that includes quality players Stephen Larkham, George Gregan and Mark Gerrard that will be my best chance of making it to France."

Hoiles added that playing "Brumbies rugby" was also very appealing to him: "I just love the way the Brumbies play. They obviously have a clear direction that everyone believes in and follows. It's an entertaining, attacking style that will suit my game."

Brumbies coach Laurie Fisher was happy with his latest acquisition.

"We see Stephen fitting in at No.8 although he does have versatility to play any position in the back row," said Fisher.

"There's no question that he will suit to our attacking style of game. He runs good lines, is evasive in attack and has tremendous vision around the field. He's also a quality line-out forward. He's clear about what he wants to achieve in his rugby and it’s our job to work with him to make sure it happens."

Hoiles, who played 30 Super Rugby matches for the 'Tahs, has two Wallaby caps to his credit. He is 1,90 metres tall, tipping the scales at 98 kilograms.

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Teams/Australi...ory_51961.shtml
[/b][/quote]
**** off

Brumbies lose Radike

Samo opts for Paris over Cardiff

Saturday July 01 2006
Australia lock joins Stade Français

Australia lock Radike Samo has rejected an offer from Cardiff Blues to join Stade Français on a two-year deal.

Radike_Samo200.jpg

Radike Samo: Heading for Paris

Samo has struggled to break into the Brumbies Super 14 team this year, and after he was overlooked by Australia coach John Connolly for the June Test squad, he cast his eyes north.

Both Cardiff's Dai Young and Stade coach Fabien Galthié made approaches, but Samo opted to head for the French capital, leaving the Blues short at lock after Craig Quinnell's retirement.

"I played seven years in Australia with the ACT Brumbies, which means I had been in Super 14 a long time," he said to the South Wales Echo.

"I just wanted to get some fresh air and discover a new country.

"I came twice to Paris and I remember being very attracted by the city. I thought Stade Français would be the right place to start fresh.

After successive Top 14 victories in 2003 and 2004, the Parisians lost in the 2005 Top 14 final and Heineken Cup final, and lost in the semi-final of the Top 14 this season.

Samo believes he will find the French game a novelty after so many years establishing himself Down Under.

"I wanted to boost my career and to offer a different life to my family," he added.

"I also hope to discover a new rugby style. I want to experience the difference between southern hemisphere rugby and the one played in France.

"I believe it will be a huge novelty for me compared to what I knew in Australia. The aim is definitely to discover, have fun and enrich myself from a new culture. I really can't wait to start."

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/To...ory_52207.shtml
[/b]

Probably the wrong area to post it, but has Aucklands Orene Ai'i gone or going to league???

Quinton Davids-Gloucetser to Cheetahs
Hottie Louw- Newport Gwent to Blue Bulls
Selborn Boome- Northampton to Western Province

The Reds have lost another Wallaby in Josh Valentine to the Waratahs

So now the Tahs have Josh Valentine,Josh Holmes and Brett Sheehan ....... 3 quality halves.

Originally posted by Stormer@Jul 11 2006, 04:57 AM
Selborne Boome- Northampton to Western Province
Is that in a coaching role or something?

Because there's no way he's suddenly going to start playing again with his knee the way it is.

No it's in a playing role... WP coach Cobus van der Merwe has said he should be right for selection in the next 2-3 weeks....

Originally posted by Stormer@Jul 11 2006, 12:32 PM
No it's in a playing role... WP coach Cobus van der Merwe has said he should be right for selection in the next 2-3 weeks....
That's unbelievable. We released him from his contract because he kept getting crocked and it didn't look like he was going to be able to play much more.

Well, good luck to the guy, I really rated him. It's just disappointing he didn't try and stick it out up here to repay the efforts of the club if he knew he was going to make a return to full fitness.