• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2007 Transfers

Well I am pretty sure he has only signed for this season, he has said he wants to finish his career at the place where it all started: Western Province

IMO he seems to at WP to help the young locks (which there a lot of) more than anything else.

oh well my bad. next time a player transfers to union i will look in the league section.

former newzealand moari centre ryan nickolas has signed with the reds for 1 season. what's the go with this bloke then?

Western Province have signed former bok fullback Conrad Jantes from the the Lions. Should boost the Stormers depth in the S14 next year.

More good news for the Stormers Boland Cavaliers have signed Nel Fourie, Andries Human, Dewey Swartbooi, Marco Wentzel and Tewis de Bruin. (for anyone who doesn't know Stormers select players from both Western Province and Boland) In particular the signings of Andries Human (120kg prop from the Bulls) and Nel Fourie (Lions fly half) look promising for us.

Oh and a bit late but we signed Fiji 7's player Sireli Naqelevuki a few weeks ago and he made his debut agains the Pumas last week and scored a double. Looks good!

Originally posted by The TRUTH@Jul 3 2006, 07:29 PM
Brumbies lose Radike

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Samo opts for Paris over Cardiff

Saturday July 01 2006
Australia lock joins Stade Français

Australia lock Radike Samo has rejected an offer from Cardiff Blues to join Stade Français on a two-year deal.

Radike_Samo200.jpg

Radike Samo: Heading for Paris

Samo has struggled to break into the Brumbies Super 14 team this year, and after he was overlooked by Australia coach John Connolly for the June Test squad, he cast his eyes north.

Both Cardiff's Dai Young and Stade coach Fabien Galthié made approaches, but Samo opted to head for the French capital, leaving the Blues short at lock after Craig Quinnell's retirement.

"I played seven years in Australia with the ACT Brumbies, which means I had been in Super 14 a long time," he said to the South Wales Echo.

"I just wanted to get some fresh air and discover a new country.

"I came twice to Paris and I remember being very attracted by the city. I thought Stade Français would be the right place to start fresh.

After successive Top 14 victories in 2003 and 2004, the Parisians lost in the 2005 Top 14 final and Heineken Cup final, and lost in the semi-final of the Top 14 this season.

Samo believes he will find the French game a novelty after so many years establishing himself Down Under.

"I wanted to boost my career and to offer a different life to my family," he added.

"I also hope to discover a new rugby style. I want to experience the difference between southern hemisphere rugby and the one played in France.

"I believe it will be a huge novelty for me compared to what I knew in Australia. The aim is definitely to discover, have fun and enrich myself from a new culture. I really can't wait to start."

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/To...ory_52207.shtml
[/b][/quote]
What wasn't repoted there was the fact that the Brumbies didn't even offer him a renewal of a contract.

Instead of DK rejecting the club, the club rejected DK.

Tana Umaga is off to France to play club rugby, but he will resume S14 with the 'Canes in 2007. He plays provincial for some french club now. That's what I've heard. You all probably know that anyways, it wasn't posted.

Bobby Skinstad could be making a possible return to pro rugby with the Sharks!! with the ultimate goal of making the next World Cup.

Hope he comes back a player like him deserves to go out better than what he did...

Also Marius Joubert has signed for the Free State Cheetahs from Western Province, maybe the move will do him some good and he can get his career back on track, it seems like a eternity since 2004....

Skinstad danied the rumours, although he said rugby is still an option...

Jaque Cronje has signed with the Lions from next season onwards...

Mat Rogers announced at the John Eales medal count that he is going back to league and the Gold Coast ***ans once his ARU contracts ends after the '07 WC. He apparently will play one more season with the Waratahs then the World Cup (presumably) THEN he will hook up with the new NRL club. What do you guys think? His time up in Union when the WC rolls around or is it a big loss post WC?

my bad, i should've checked, but i don't care much for league......won't happen again.

Lote Tiquiri is rumored to follow in Rodgers' footsteps and trade in his Union boots for League.

Also... Neil de Kock has decided to move form WP to Saracens. He is gonna link up with the Saracens next week. It's a shame, because I personally think that he is better than Bolla Conradie.

ARU look set to soon raid the NRL again, apparently Greg Ingliss (sp?) is top of the list. Also the ARU are talking bout keeping Tuqiri after the WC as a long term option.

Canterbury five-eighths Cameron McIntyre has joined New Zealand rugby's talent drain, signing with Castres four months after being linked to another French club Clermont-Auvergne.

McIntyre, 25, who represented the Junior All Blacks this year, will join Castres next month, linking up with former All Blacks prop Carl Hoeft.

His departure was confirmed by the Canterbury Rugby Union after McIntyre decided not to try for another contract at Super 14 level.

He's been a great servant for Canterbury Rugby, just a shame for him that he's got two high quality players ahead of him in Carter and Mauger.

Latest posts