• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2010 Budget

No cuts for public sector. No cuts in benefits.

Uh oh.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Chancellor Alistair Darling has set the stage for the general election with a Budget warning to voters not to put the recovery at risk by deserting Labour.[/b]

What f***ing recovery? It's Potemkin villages for everyone. Bond investors have hit Greece, Portugal and ... they might skip Spain and Italy and concentrate very hard on the UK.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"The choice before the country now is whether to support those whose policies will suffocate our recovery and put our future at risk.

"Or support a government which has been right about the recession, right about the recovery, and is right about supporting the people and business of this country to build a prosperous future."[/b]

Also a government that was right about how to f*** the country up.

Disappointed in him - the only non-robot in the cabinet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8584163.stm

Guys, nothing happened.

Nothing to see here. Lets just wait for the Canadian Hung Parliament and the Emergency Budget thats sure to happen in June or July before we start getting all hysterical.

Edit: Also, wasn't Sterling meant to collapse against the Euro like three months ago? Come on Shtove, give your blogs a kick up the arse because apparently the blogosphere is never wrong.

Further edit: In fact, will there even be a Euro for Sterling to collapse against at this rate? Sorry Shtove, we're going to have to collapse against the Indian Rupee or the Kenyan Shilling I'm afraid.

Temporary yes, but it still shows what you can do if you try.

Fantastic News... It was a stupid tax, being brought up and weaned on Cider most of my life... it was taxing yet again the working folk...

This tax was going to make it difficult for some of the small cider companies to survive, currently the UK Alcohol Market is changing rapidly... More and More people are drinking Real Ale, Cider/Perry and Real Beer, rather than the commercial rubbish which dominates the clubs and pubs... but Beer and Cider have a whole new appreciation...

This was another aim at the West Country, the home of Cider and the Wurzels, already they banned us smoking in pubs (civil liberties), then they banned a sport which has been going on for Centuries, which is used to help keep the number of vermin pests down (I am not talking about Wigan Fans Dan)... Then they tax our Cider... Not forgetting the ever increasing house prices in our villages and taxes on the Farming industry (with no Government Support). The Labour Government don't care about the Countryside, they only care about giving our hard earned cash away to some cheap skanky chav with half a dozen kids or a foreigner with One Eye and a Hook for a hand, who preaches about destroying the Western World.

For me its taking away a British past time, Cider on a summer day is traditional. Same goes with Fox Hunting and smoking (despite I agree with this in public places as a person who suffers from asthma). This country has gone to the dogs.

For me its taking away a British past time, Cider on a summer day is traditional. Same goes with Fox Hunting and smoking (despite I agree with this in public places as a person who suffers from asthma). This country has gone to the dogs.

Well you say about the smoking ban, I am a non smoker, and yes I agree with some of the ideas around the smoking ban, but the whole thing could of been handled better, for example a designated smoking bar etc... shouldn't of been a full out ban...

Ye I meant to say that, think government got it wrong banning it everywhere, As you said a smoking bar would have been better, but this might not have worked in small urban areas.

Ye I meant to say that, think government got it wrong banning it everywhere, As you said a smoking bar would have been better, but this might not have worked in small urban areas.

Majority of Older pubs used to have 2 bars, Public and Lounge Bar... This design worked for decades... so it could still work now :)

Ah I dont think this is the case in Aberystwyth ... although im sure we would not object to another pub here.

Latest posts