2011 Rugby World Cup Final - in 3D

smartcooky

Referee Coach and Advisor
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Tasman
Kiwis will be able to watch the Rugby World Cup final in 3D.

The 12,000 seat Vector Arena in Auckland has been confirmed as one of eight venues which, along with 20 cinemas nationwide, will screen live in 3D the final four games of the tournament.

Auckland company 3D Live managing director Ronel Schodt said aside from having tickets to the final, watching matches in 3D was the next best thing. It was the first time a worldwide 3D sport had been broadcast live to arena crowds, and would feature large silver screens ranging from 10m to 18m high.

Later this month more than 60,000 tickets would be available, of which 20,000 were on offer in Australia, and 40,000 in New Zealand.

What an awesome idea

Didn't they do this with a couple of 6 Nations matches across cinemas in the UK a couple of years ago? Anyone been to those showings?

Didn't they do this with a couple of 6 Nations matches across cinemas in the UK a couple of years ago? Anyone been to those showings?

Aye, I remember that too
Didn't go to any of them though, don't see the point in 3D, and if I was going to watch a rugby match out and about, I'd rather down the pub than in a cinema :p

I know someone who went to a 3D screening of Wales-England last year and said that it was entirely pointless, but for Adam Jones' try, in which it was absolutely TERRIFYING as he lept out of the screen at you.

Latest posts