• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 HEC] Pool 2, Round 1

Give me a team made up of people who play for each other and with the right attitude, intensity,organisation and pride and I would take that against any team that is made up of talented individuals who do not have those qualities......that is exemplified by Toulon who, last season at least, showed those qualities that Laporte brought out of them as against prior seasons under PSA and also this season where they do not have the same intensity, organisation or attitude..... as yet at least!!

Last edited:
Haha, and the Blues get a 4 try bonus point. The win is out of reach unless something even more crazy than Exeter having two in the bin happens in the last 7min.

Perhaps a losing point as well? Thats not completely out of reach just yet. Not a good reflection of the game.

Copeland made a huge difference when he came on. Surely the management can see that he is that ball carrier at 8 that the Blues need.

Think Exeter took their foot off the gas there in the second half. I'm sure we'll hear how Exeter scored 4 in 25 mins in Phil's post match interview, but that doesn't excuse the shambles that was the defence, which ultimately lost the game.

Huge effort from a clinical Exeter team and I hope they carry on their form next week, which will be a bigger challenge.

Copeland made a huge difference when he came on. Surely the management can see that he is that ball carrier at 8 that the Blues need.

Yup, unsure how the management can't see that Pretorius is neither an 8 or in good form, yet Copeland is playing very well when given a chance. Haven't been impressed with Navidi this season either, so that's 2/3 of the Blues backrow in poor form. I doubt Ellis Jenkins is in the Blues HC squad, but when they return to the Pro12, I'd like to see a backrow of 6 Ellis Jenkins, 7 Sam Warburton, 8 Robin Copeland.

Yup, unsure how the management can't see that Pretorius is neither an 8 or in good form, yet Copeland is playing very well when given a chance. Haven't been impressed with Navidi this season either, so that's 2/3 of the Blues backrow in poor form. I doubt Ellis Jenkins is in the Blues HC squad, but when they return to the Pro12, I'd like to see a backrow of 6 Ellis Jenkins, 7 Sam Warburton, 8 Robin Copeland.

Josh Navidi made the same number of tackles as Exeter in the first half. That being said, the Blues missed 3 for every tackle Exeter made. A decent second half does not nearly make up for the woeful first. Cuthbert and Copeland are very good, though.

Ominous is the word.......their back liine has fired more today than in the last few weeks!

Toulon should have this well wrapped up by half time.

and theres the BP before half time, Toulon looking very good this year and Glasgow look finished in this game.

Last edited:
Toulon look very good. I'll say it here, if we can't get over Clermont and get out of our pool then they could go all the way.

Toulon look very good. I'll say it here, if we can't get over Clermont and get out of our pool then they could go all the way.

I assume you mean Saints?

Even if we manage to get out of our pool I'm not sure we could beat Toulon playing this way.

I assume you mean Saints?

Even if we manage to get out of our pool I'm not sure we could beat Toulon playing this way.

images

If Glasgow can get a point out of this it wont be the worst day at the office.

I take it back, at this point they should be aiming for 2. Bloody great game.

Seems like two very similar games!

Absolutely in the respect that one team walked all over the other to the extent that there was never any serious doubt about the result by half time when that team then sat back on their arses and made changes for the worse to give players a game in key positions (Wilkinson and Steenson for example) when the other team made a come back and earned a point......although some of the rugby was pretty, it was not competitive such as Ulster v Leiceter or Edinburgh v Munster!!

Latest posts