Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by Draggs, Oct 8, 2013.
Yep, a very enjoyable contest
Enjoying the Edinburgh v Munster game. So far it's been going back and forth with Edinburgh slightly ahead at half time. I think many wrote them off too easily beforehand. It's whether Edinburgh can keep it up for the full game. If they can, and whilst at home, I can see (hope) for an edinburgh win.
Very good match, some really bloody stupid stuff from munster just there though.
Sherry is having an absolute mare at the lineout.
Zebo off with a calf/achillies injury. Not had much luck with injuries last year or so. Edinburgh ahead and looking good value for it, Laidlaw is having a stormer of a game, kicking the points, making the tackles and generally leading from the front.
Game over here
Exciting match, end to end stuff. Well done Edinburgh for a well deserved win.
aaahh, finally a Scotsman on these boards !
Wtffff, Munster lost to Edinburgh ! Congrats to the scots, just saw the last moments...should have picked that game.....
i couldn't believe that edinburgh won well done
Glos vs USAP has the potential to be a lot of fun.
Looking forward to Glos/USAP.
Normally back English sides, but USAP are the French side I support, so allez les catalans
Just crossing my fingers that my stream changes to the Glos game at kickoff, as it's a red-button game
holy shyt, just got here...
Some really poor officiating in that game, especially at the scrum. Perpignan were well on top yet Gloucester were getting penalties for nothing.
Also that last kick was weird, considering he specifically told Twelvetrees he had to take the kick quickly, and that time wouldn't be up....and then blew for fulltime after he kicked it.
Tip tackle call was correct, though, and good use of the TMO. The shed can do one though, most ignorant supporters in the premiership.
yeh yeh whatever man, you and your French teams, you're just so fkn biased it's not even funny...of course, it HAD to be the referee....
In what sense?
Constant jeering and booing of Perpignan's throw ins and kicks, jeering at the referee when awarding Perpignan a penalty and chanting "cheat" at Hook when taking a kick.
They jeered at Hook after he tried to take his kick a metre in front of the mark. Seemed fair enough to me.
Great game though.
Kvesic and 36 played really well.
I knew Billy had a boot on him; but didn't realise he was actually a good goal-kicker at shorter ranges.
As rats said.
Fans stay silent at kicks to respect the kicker. Kickers forfeit that respect when they try to cheat IMHO.
Although ire should never be directed to the ref, only occasionally their decisions.
Anyway, doesn't every home crowd do this?
A few thoughts:
- Still prefer Twelvetrees as a 12. He made a number of errors today, including three missed penalties into touch, and a couple of bad passes. He carries the ball so well though, his in-game kicking makes him such a good "second 10" 12 too.
- Also related to Twelvetrees, I think he's a better goal kicker than Freddie. Sometimes I'm worried that Freddie's relatively small legs means he cannot strike with the same amount of power that Twelvetrees and Farrell can. Dropping the kicking duties from Freddie may seem to harm his England chances, but there's no way Freddie would start for England whilst his kicking is average anyway, and if Twelvetrees can take the role and further practise his goal kicking and become an option for England, then Burns may have a better chance of playing in the England set-up since a goalkicking 10 wouldn't be so important any more.
(That said, Burns was a very good goal kicker for the first half of last season. He just seemed to struggle after his leg injury.)
- Stooke and Hudson is the second row pairing to take Glos forward. Impressive performances IMHO. Stooke is arriving on the scene ahead of time and expectation, which is good news for Gloucester and England.
- Savage played much better at 6.
- On Cowan's two starts this season, Gloucester have played their two best games, and he's been the best performer in each of them. He's had a really impressive start to the season IMHO, and it's about time!
"Well done Glaws," I said while pulling my foot out of my mouth...
Being a Tigers fan I can't bring myself to ever support Munster, so Edinburgh's magificent win was a joy to watch.
This pool has proven exactly why Italian and Scottish teams deserve to be in the eurocup. Qualification, Smalification. Even unfancied gloucester's heroic back it up. PLEASE DON'T SHUT THESE TEAMS OUT.
Separate names with a comma.