Pool D: Argentina, France, United States, Spain

Last edited by a moderator:
pools

pool a:so africa,kenya,wales,canada
pool b:nz,fiji,australia,scotland
pool c:samoa,portugal,england,uruguay
pool d:argentina,france,usa,spain

fixtures tba

SA and hosts, USA have about as easy a set of pools as one could hope for; I am sure USA could upset France at home and should beat Spain IMO.

On the flip side the upsets in SA means there are 2 other close pools. Surely NZ and Fiji would be heavy favourites to progress but if either of them drop a game against the likes of Aus or the much improved Scotland.. well stranger things have happened in 7's. Speaking of improved teams, if Portugal can keep it up they will test England and Samoa making for another tough pool.

Isles has inferred in a few tweets that he'll be able to be capped for the tournament despite the whole thing with his NFL signing.

Yeah I saw that, will he be available beyond that?

(Apologies for the late reply)

I don't see it being a problem really, from what I've heard and seen NFL teams only do very small workout practices before July when training camp starts, and those off-season practices only have windows in around April-May (The NFL actually puts restrictions on those sort of things), so I don't imagine him running into any problem for the rest of the Series.

But as far the long term after the Series warps up in May, I'm not sure, but he's always said one of the main reasons he's playing rugby is to make an Olympic team, so I don't imagine he would give up on that goal.

Most practice squad players in the NFL don't have much longevity anyway, so IDK how long of a tenure he'll have.

Man the USA are annoying, first they have Isles on the bench then when he's on the outside where he can run into space they don't pass him the ball. You can already tell he's way better on defence now when he came on against Argentina he made great tackles and turned over the ball then he scored a brilliant try. But they need to pass him the ball earlier and start him

first up...canada v wales

wales up 12-0 at half

canada 21-19

aussies v scots

aussies 19-0 at half

aussies 26-7 fulltime

up now...england v uruguay

22-0 england at half

england 43-5 full time

up now...argentina v france

france 7-0 at half

france 14-0 fulltime

up next samoa v portugal

samoa 21-0 halftime

35-0 samoa fulltime...up next kiwis v fiji!!!

kiwis 12-7 halftime

kiwis 12-7 fulltime...up next so africa v kenya

so africa v kenya 7 up halftime

so africa 19-7 fulltime...up next us v spain

us 14-5 halftime

31-10 usa fulltime

qf bowl
-------
1624 kenya v spain
1646 portugal v scotland
1708 us v wales
1730 fiji v uruguay

qf cup
------
1752 so africa v argentina
1814 samoa v australia
1836 france v canada
1858 nz v england

kenya 24-0 fulltime

qf bowl
-------
1624 kenya v spain
1646 portugal v scotland
1708 us v wales
1730 fiji v uruguay

qf cup
------
1752 so africa v argentina
1814 samoa v australia
1836 france v canada
1858 nz v england

The Bowl looks relatively easy to pick, but the Cup looks interesting ... England seem to be going a bit better than last year

scotland 31-7 fulltime...next up us v wales

us v wales 0-0 halftime

Finally, they bring Isles on and for the second time this tournament he singlehandedly brings his team back into the game. Why won't they start him

12-7 wales fulltime

nextup fiji v uruguay

Loved the one try USA managed against Wales, Isles flying down the pitch and offloads to Matyas for the score. They couldn't stop the Welsh at the end though who scored the winning try when the clock read :00.

Uruguay were quite good. Fiji was poor at the break down in the first half, going in as individuals and turning the ball over several times. But they seemed to get it right in the second half winning 38 - 14. The score doesn't really reflect how good uruguay were and how close it was

fiji 38-14 fulltime next so africa v argentina

muzzy....hos the weather down there???

so africa 19-0 halftime

so africa 36-0 fulltime

next samoa v australia

10-0 aussies halftime

next up france v canada12-10 samoa fulltime

14-5 france halftime

17-14 canada fulltime

Wow what an event for Canada, guarentees our best performance since Tokyo in 2000!! LOL Moonlight didn't even know we'd ever made the semi finals before. The wins have all been narrow and even more impressive considering Hirayama, Hearn and Duke are out hurt.

Latest posts