• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Premiership] Round 7

Anybody know anything about the Wasps Gloucester match? Did the score line represent the match?

Molenaar: surplus to requirements at Glos, motm winner at Quins.

ffs.

Great performance from a relatively (to Quins) underpowered Tigers and Care did no damage to his chances for a recall..........Molenaar was a very useful adddition to the line up and seemed to galvinate them into a very,very forceful period in the first half and they were then able to hang on assisted by numerous erros from the Tigers!!

Poor old Woos.................!

Not Nots only have two English players in their starting 15 (though Paice was born in Australia, so could consider it just the one!).

Edit:
Love the big cheer JOC get when he took the ball :D

Double edit:
I really, really dislike Dawson on the commentary team. He's too jokey all the time, trying (and failing) to be funny, and doesn't actually mention anything worthwhile about the game. At least Healy knows his stuff, and intersperses acting like a prat with some game analysis.

Last edited:
In fairness, they have a bit of Irish talent not. So we can call them Not Kindas

I really, really dislike Dawson on the commentary team. He's too jokey all the time, trying (and failing) to be funny, and doesn't actually mention anything worthwhile about the game. At least Healy knows his stuff, and intersperses acting like a prat with some game analysis.

+1

Good game that. JOC looked to spark something every time he touched the ball.

Not sure I agreed with that last penalty that ended it, but oh well.

I always used to like Dawson on QOS, but I really, really dislike him now he's been working for BT.

If you didn't know how good a player he was you'd think he was an amateur.

Yeah, he's definitely more suited as an entertainer rather than a commentator.

Not-nots should look to recruit more fringe paddys from the provinces and form an identity at the club. They would get a huge following from Ireland and the Irish expats in britland as well as plastic paddys( which seems to be every English person I meet).

( which seems to be every English person I meet).
You sure you're not mistaking us for Americans? I don't think I've ever met a plastic paddy Englishman.

Agree on the Irish-player point, and they seem to be doing just that. Eamonn Sheridan and Jamie Hagan, especially.

I always forget Fergus Mulchrone is Irish (despite having one of the most Irish names I've heard) because he was with us/Rotherham for so long I just presumed he was a northerner :p

If you ever see Irish play at home you'll see hike much they push the Irish link their. Lots of Guinness, lots of Irish folk music and songs. Used to live near to reading and go to the St Patricks Day game every year. Agree that if they signed more Irish players, something they've done a lot more of recently, they'd probably be able to build an expat following throughout England, not just in the west of London.

And yeah, plastic paddy Englishmen? Really?

Not-nots should look to recruit more fringe paddys from the provinces and form an identity at the club. They would get a huge following from Ireland and the Irish expats in britland as well as plastic paddys( which seems to be every English person I meet).

Difficult to argue with Brian Smith's record here - TOL, iHumph, Sheridan, Mulchrone - that's half an entirely Irish backline. Hagan's come in, Conor Gaston was there for a year, couple of props from Munster on short terms, coulda swore there was a young Leinster back that had a short term with them... Smith's made a big point of it and has recruited quality in that respect as well.

Andy Goode just put a video on twitter showing a Gloucester fan throwing a pint of beer on Elliot Daly
Nice to see they living up to their (self proclaimed) "best fans in the league" :rolleyes:

I put the video up on Shedweb (there was unanimous outrage). One of the members emailed the club, and the club responded saying that they are on the case.

Latest posts