• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Semi-Finals

Hard luck Ulster.

****ing hell some ending.

Hopefully BO'D can get back for the final.

well at least there's a Scottish team in the final, it's a bit refreshing for the comp., isn't it ?...

Fair play Leinster. The defence better than the Ulster one and that proved the difference.

Now counting down the days to Anscombe going. He's not getting the team over the line and that means he's not doing what he was hired to do. The opportunity was there and he couldn't find a way to take it.

---
edit lets just concentrate on the fact that Anscombe was brought in to win trophies and looks like doing nothing of the sort.

On a scale of 1-10, how bright is it to play what is probably your weakest midfield defence in a semi-final? Or to stick your only big ball carrier in the second row where he has to take a lot of responsibilities that are not ball carrying.

Last edited:
I want to see a replay of the JP incident on the line, looked like he knocked it on but the one, short replay they showed at the time and there was definitely more hands in there. If it proves to be illegal, I really don't know what to say.. he was asked by Payne and I think Best to check the TMO.

**** that was a finish to a game, hope BOD is fit next week or it will be a disappointing way to depart.

I want to see a replay of the JP incident on the line, looked like he knocked it on but the one, short replay they showed at the time and there was definitely more hands in there. If it proves to be illegal, I really don't know what to say.. he was asked by Payne and I think Best to check the TMO.

I don't think ref is allowed go back in them incidents. But it did look like extra hand but in another angle just before it looked like it could've been Ulster hands.
Was a superb effort by both teams but serious question to a Ulster fans. What's the views of Anscombe? Like he was brought in as he can "bring things to next level". McLaughlin I thought was doing superb job and didn't get half the backing or support Anscombe got

well thats glasgow losing the final now ;(

Well that's not really helpful is it? Leinster have a fantastic history and some brilliant players yes, but they are not unbeatable. It'll be a tough game and Leinster will be favourites but it's by no means a done deal.
As it stands I'm going to look to head to the game in Dublin if I manage to get my Saturday nightshift off of work.

Leinster were there for the taking. Error prone, dumb, frequently unimaginative and to a certain extent kept it in by Ulster's front row and midfield frailties. Glasgow can win if they turn in the same performance twice.

That Ulster deservedly lost to it is pretty glum tbh. Maybe Anscombe could take us to the next level - but there's no denying he hasn't done it - and I see no reason to hang on and give second chances to a coach who's had talks elsewhere, verbally demeaned academy players, shot his mouth off when he shouldn't and generally given a bad impression of himself. Shame it'll take another season to be rid.

That Ulster deservedly lost to it is pretty glum tbh. Maybe Anscombe could take us to the next level - but there's no denying he hasn't done it - and I see no reason to hang on and give second chances to a coach who's had talks elsewhere, verbally demeaned academy players, shot his mouth off when he shouldn't and generally given a bad impression of himself. Shame it'll take another season to be rid.

What situation are you referring to?

Well that's not really helpful is it? Leinster have a fantastic history and some brilliant players yes, but they are not unbeatable. It'll be a tough game and Leinster will be favourites but it's by no means a done deal.
As it stands I'm going to look to head to the game in Dublin if I manage to get my Saturday nightshift off of work.
well suppose cant say anything now till the actual game is other

Mark Anscombe was one moment of Robbie Diack indecision away from leading Ulster to the Pro 12 ***le last season. One moment of recklessness by Jared Payne denied Ulster a very strong chance at winning the Heineken Cup this season. I see no reason why he should be fired but I suppose Ulster fans see the impact of his coaching more than I do.

Just a small aside from the game. In what was quite possibly Brian O'Driscoll's final appearance, the Leinster medics refused to allow him play on when he was clearly feeling the effects of Iain Henderson bulldozing him. That's the duty of care I want to see applied by all medical teams and is in stark contrast with the treatment of Florian Fritz last weekend. I'm not saying Irish team docs are superior (we saw the scandalous decision to bring O'Driscoll back on the field in last years 6 Nations v France for example) rather this standard of care is what must apply from now on regardless of circumstance.

Yeah, no place for sentimentality when it comes to player welfare. It'd be sad if Drico had to go out on that note, but better that then him suffering a serious head injury in two weeks as a result of yesterday's knock.

Anyway, lots to grumble about for Leinster and Ulster fans. It was a good intense game of rugby, but neither side played to close to their potential imo. Leinster are still doing just enough every game, but I'm not confident about facing a very capable Glasgow side (who've won their last 9 on the trot by the by.)

Aside from the rugby, the atmosphere at both games this weekend looked great. A really good advertisement for the league. I think a lot of praise has to go towards Glasgow for what they've done over the last three seasons. I haven't got an exact figure for their average attendances, but it seems as though they've gone from getting around 3,000-ish in every week to just north of 5,000. Hopefully this season's success will help them to build on that.

Yeah, no place for sentimentality when it comes to player welfare. It'd be sad if Drico had to go out on that note, but better that then him suffering a serious head injury in two weeks as a result of yesterday's knock..

Agreed with Snoopy and now you........Not sure that it is as much "sad" that BOD goes out like this, although the double winning JW would disagree, as "apt".............. BOD seems to have had as much time off the field as on it through knocks and injuries this season or is that my imagination?!!

Agreed with Snoopy and now you........Not sure that it is as much "sad" that BOD goes out like this, although the double winning JW would disagree, as "apt".............. BOD seems to have had as much time off the field as on it through knocks and injuries this season or is that my imagination?!!

Yeah, it's not been a great season for him on the injury front. Very few large injuries to speak of, but he seems to be coming off with a knock more often than not. Physically it's probably been a season too far for him, but I'd imagine he's pretty happy to have picked up another six nations ***le.

BOD didn't seem too bad sitting in stand. I'm sure a week break and then just 1 week of light tuning will get him there for last 80mins of his time.

Latest posts