• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 Anzac Test at Canberra Stadium on Friday (April 19; 7.45pm kick-off local time;

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Kiwi squad announced, altho Johnson is in the squad it was announced today that he injured his knee. So I'm not sure if he will be playing next week.

The squad includes one player who will make his Test debut if he makes the final 17 – Sydney Roosters winger Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.
Of the team used in Townsville, Josh Hoffman, Sam Perrett, Dean Whare, Kieran Foran, Jesse Bromwich, Issac Luke, Frank Pritchard, Kevin Proctor, Mannering, Matulino and Taylor remain as well as Johnson and Sam McKendry (non-playing members of the squad).

Not selected were the injured Benji Marshall, Gerard Beale and Sam Kasiano and Krisnan Inu (suspended) plus Adam Blair.
Back in the squad are Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Alex Glenn, Jeremy Smith, Jason Nightingale and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

ANZAC TEST KIWI SQUAD
Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm) 2 Tests
Kieran Foran (Manly Sea Eagles) 8 Tests
Alex Glenn (Brisbane Broncos) 5 Tests
Josh Hoffman (Brisbane Broncos) 2 Tests
Shaun Johnson (Vodafone Warriors) 1 Test
Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Sydney Roosters) 8 Tests
Issac Luke (South Sydney Rabbitohs) 22 Tests
Simon Mannering (Vodafone Warriors) 30 Tests - Captain
Ben Matulino (Vodafone Warriors) 13 Tests
Sam McKendry (Penrith Panthers) 7 Tests
Jason Nightingale (St George Illawarra Dragons) 16 Tests
Sam Perrett (Canterbury Bulldogs) 20 Tests
Frank Pritchard (Canterbury Bulldogs) 23 Tests
Kevin Proctor (Melbourne Storm) 1 Test
Jeremy Smith (Newcastle Knights) 23 Tests
Elijah Taylor (Vodafone Warriors) 3 Tests
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Sydney Roosters) 0 Tests
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters) 11 Tests
Dean Whare (Penrith Panthers) 1 Test

Aussie side announced:

Australia:</SPAN> Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brett Morris, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (C), James Tamou, Greg Bird, Sam Thaiday, Paul Gallen (VC). Interchange: Kurt Gidley, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles, Anthony Watmough, Josh Morris</SPAN>

Strong looking side. Should be a very good game to watch.

I feel like New Zealand are overdue for a win in this test but the Oz side is just going to be too strong for them I feel. Probably Australia by 10-12 points.

Anyone that thinks NZ is going to win has forgotten the last 123221094283439204 tests played. :p

true, nut I think if they play well it will be a loss by a small margin.

i hope Roger Tuivasa -Sheck gets a starting spot he is dynamite. kiwis paying like 6 bucks worth a small bet. kiwi's need Johnson to have an absolute blinder to pull this one out of the hat.

I'm watching this instead of the Chiefs, but will be keeping up with the game. Kangas by 14.

Aussie side announced:

Australia: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brett Morris, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (C), James Tamou, Greg Bird, Sam Thaiday, Paul Gallen (VC). Interchange: Kurt Gidley, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles, Anthony Watmough, Josh Morris

Strong looking side. Should be a very good game to watch.

Hopefully kiwis feild this team
Josh Hoffman, Jason Nightingale, Shaun Kenny-Dowall , Alex Glen , Sam Perrett, Keiran Foran, Shaun Johnson, Ben Matulino, Issac Luke, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Frank Pritchard, Simon Mannering, Elijah Taylor. INTERCHANGE Jesse Bromwich, Sam McKendry, Kevin Proctor, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

After one of the worst minute's silence I've ever heard in my life, I'm really looking forward to this. Australia by 20.

To be honest I know nothing about rugby league. Not big here but I love the fights in it and hope for a good one today. Think the Kiwi's might nip the fight

Shame. After an ultra competitive 50 minutes the game has totally gotten away from the Kiwis. I'd argue they were actually the better team in fact.

Shame. After an ultra competitive 50 minutes the game has totally gotten away from the Kiwis. I'd argue they were actually the better team in fact.

I've seen this happen before in this test and it's a shame the depth the Roos have is generally too much, the Kiwis losing Simon Mannering before kickoff was massive. Hoffman not getting to the grubber was the turning point, it seemed completely downhill after that point the morale collapsed. New Zealand has to play essentially perfect to make up for the gap between the teams, handing over points like that they just can't do.

Tonga vs. Samoa goes tommorow, and I'll be interested to see how they do, both sides have recently gathered more players on ancestry rules which should strengthen thier sides hopefully that bodes well for a slightly better minnows performance in the RLWC this fall.

Just sent my blog to the board to put it online. Does anybody knows on which channel they will broadcast the Tonga - Samoa game tomorrow. I can't find it back on Fox nor Sky? Thanks.

Moimoi.jpg

Latest posts