• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anzac Test on May 2 2014

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
I guess the Kangaroos will win this one (again) but I'm hoping to see plenty of good footie

The full Kiwis squad for Anzac Test on May 2 is:
Gerard Beale, (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Adam Blair (Wests Tigers), Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm), Kenneath Bronwich (Melbourne Storm), Greg Eastwood (Canterbury Bulldogs), Tohu Harris (Melbourne Storm), Siliva Havili (NZ Warriors), Ben Henry (NZ Warriors), Peta Hiku (Manly Sea Eagles), Isaac John (Penrith Panthers), Shaun Johnson (NZ Warriors), Simon Mannering (NZ Warriors), Sam Moa (Sydney Roosters), Jason Nightingale (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Kevin Proctor (Melbourne Storm), Martin Taupau (Wests Tigers), Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Sydney Roosters), Dean Whare (Penrith Panthers)

KANGAROOS

Fullback: Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm),Wing: Darius Boyd (Newcastle Knights),Centre: Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs),Centre: Josh Morris (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs),Wing: Brett Morris (St George Illawarra Dragons),Five-Eighth: Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys),Halfback: Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm),Prop: Matt Scott (North Queensland Cowboys),Hooker: Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm),Prop: James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys),Second Row: Greg Bird (Gold Coast ***ans),Second Row: Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos),Lock: Paul Gallen (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks),
Interchange: Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters), Nate Myles (Gold Coast ***ans), Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos),18th man: Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)

What happened to JWH? Seems like a strange omission. Is he injured?

Kearney didn't select him;

"Meanwhile, Stephen Kearney has named six newcomers in a raw New Zealand squad, with Sydney Roosters' Jared Waerea-Hargreaves among those losing out."

Article here

I foresee an absolute dicking coming our way.

Kearney didn't select him;

"Meanwhile, Stephen Kearney has named six newcomers in a raw New Zealand squad, with Sydney Roosters' Jared Waerea-Hargreaves among those losing out."

Article here

Kearney dropped JWH? What a joke! Why? Is this something to do with the energy drink - sleeping pill thing? Otherwise I dont get it, he's one of the better props in the game, let alone the Kiwis.

Looks like we will get a pounding yet again.

Well he did include lots of youngsters :)

Why though. He refuses to talk about why he has dropped a bunch of our senior players. JWH, SKD, Frank Paul...

Frank Paul - 135 games for the Roosters and 14 tests for the Kiwis
SKD - 157 games for the Roosters and 9 tests for the Kiwis
JWH - 91 games for the Roosters and 16 tests for the Kiwis

These guys are very good players, the Kiwis are not good enough to leave them out.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to piece some of this together; SBW is ****** off with the Kiwis due to the drug thing (nothing new I guess, SBW generally has a been in his bonet about something), the notable omissions (including SBW) are all Roosters players, and the obvious avoidance of the issue by Kearney, clearly there is something up and one has to suspect its all got to do with the Energy Drink/ Sleeping pill saga.

I just wish they'd come clean about it. The players, those in the squad and out of the squad, seem to all be in the dark, the fans are bemused, the team is not playing well, and up against the Ozzies we cant afford to have back room crap adding to the on field stuff. Trouble seems to follow Kearney Im afraid (maybe he needs to go?), NZ league is not doing a good job, so I think they need to make some changes to the back room not the front. NOT HAPPY!

Indeed, maybe if the whitewash is big enough he will bend for the public opinion.

I think the Kiwis will be trying to stop the 'Roos from scoring 60 or more points.

30-0 to Austrailia will not be such a bad loss for the Kiwis, even though its convincing win, I think a lot of League fans will be expecting the 'Roos to win by more. I guess thats the only silver lining for the Kiwis lol.

I'll say the Kiwi's score, Roos will let off the gas a bit in the 2nd half, my prediction is 48-6 for the Roos. Not a good selection at all for New Zealand as other's have said way too many savvy veterans will be watching at home from their couch.

Wow the Kiwis are really impressive much to my surprise.

i thought they were going to lose badly when Sam Moa was shown heading into the changing rooms but then he comes back out and scores a try. They need a big game for him.

Johnson needs to maintain his mix of kicks. Whare can not give Inglis a sniff.

Last edited:
I was also positively surprised by the result. Kiwi's leading in the first half and preventing the Kangaroos of scoring more then 12 points in the second half.
If Kearney had all his injured players and the ones he ditched the result may have been even better.

Latest posts