• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 Currie Cup] The final! And promotion/relegation

Grats Pumas, now see a bigger union pick up that scrummy..

Voel jy moeg, afgemat en het net 'n breek nodig van alles af, streef jou siel na blou lug, groen gras en vrede? Gaan dan na Loftus vandag, daar gaan fokkol aan

Grats aan Sharks, great game on the day - deserved victory

What a great game from both teams. It was really anyone's game but I am happy the Sharks managed to get through the game with the win. 4th consecutive final and if we would have lost 3 in a row, I'd be pissed.

Charl McLeod seems to play great in finals. It's just a shame he's always so mediocre in the rest of the games. His intercept try was the perfect way to get the game going rather than seeing an exchange of penalties the first 40 minutes, as is sometimes the case in a final.

Pieter-Steph du Toit definitely put up his hand with a stellar performance, outshining Etzebeth, which is something that never happens. His line-out steals, turn-overs and general play was extraordinary.

Saarks were just more focussed and accurate. Great game; pinned us down and we could just not get going. PSdT was surely MoTM, right? He !HAS! to tour and sommer start alongside Etzebeth.

On the other side of the coin Jannie du Plessis should not even get on the bus to the airport nevermind the plane.. not even to see Bismarck off; he was never anything more than just solid in the scrum but ATM is just a liability and the only you see him is when he misses the tackle that leads to a try or gets penalised off the ball.

Saarks were just more focussed and accurate. Great game; pinned us down and we could just not get going. PSdT was surely MoTM, right? He !HAS! to tour and sommer start alongside Etzebeth.

On the other side of the coin Jannie du Plessis should not even get on the bus to the airport nevermind the plane.. not even to see Bismarck off; he was never anything more than just solid in the scrum but ATM is just a liability and the only you see him is when he misses the tackle that leads to a try or gets penalised off the ball.

So proud of the boys. After the past two years I couldn't stomach another one. Hard luck to WO and their supporters, played class all season. We seemed to go into the match ready to target WP. Our back three took theirs in the air, and didn't seem to have too much of an issue marking dangerous Aplon and Kolbe. I like de Allende, but he looked a right cock scoring. JdV isn't an outside centre, so WP need to decide who starts. VdH has gone backwards since leaving bulls! shame. He was class in 2010. PSdT! What a player. He and Eben playing together is getting me so excited, what a special pair. Marais looked good as well, hope we keep him. Going into the match we heard how WP had superior set pieces, and hey did, but for once our lineouts were superb. Jannie needs a rest, don't take him north, Meyer. Really liking SP. Makes mistakes but gets involved. I noticed him being used at second five outside Lambie as relief a few times. On that note, well done Pat. Need to make those kicks, but he nailed those crucial ones at HT. Didn't put his head down, and those drop goals were excellent.

Baie dankie, tjommies! Dit was een baie spesiale week. Ek het FW de Klerk ontmoet op vrydag, wat regtig die mooiste ding was hierdie week. Die Sharks het die 2e presentjie gegee op saterdag :)

Baie dankie, tjommies! Dit was een baie spesiale week. Ek het FW de Klerk ontmoet op vrydag, wat regtig die mooiste ding was hierdie week. Die Sharks het die 2e presentjie gegee op saterdag :)

FW de Klerk het die land verlaat met 'n Griekse Jag... Toe kom hy terug met 'n jagse Griek...

I'll switch to English now because I struggle a bit still with Afrikaans.

He was in Holland this week for a lecture in The Hague (The Europe Lecture). I've always been a big admirer of the man who, in my opinion, doesn't get enough credit for what he has done. He is often overlooked with regards to his outstanding work.

Meeting him was a dream come true. It was really unbelievable.

I'll switch to English now because I struggle a bit still with Afrikaans.

He was in Holland this week for a lecture in The Hague (The Europe Lecture). I've always been a big admirer of the man who, in my opinion, doesn't get enough credit for what he has done. He is often overlooked with regards to his outstanding work.

Meeting him was a dream come true. It was really unbelievable.

Ja, I was just joking. I have a lot of respect for De Klerk. I wouldn't call a Nobel peace prize 'not enough credit' but I get what you mean; he is somewhat under Madiba's shadow and has done a lot of work around the fringes of late in the same way Bill Clinton has for the US.

Latest posts