• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 Premiership] Round 2

I won't be getting this match until this afternoon (no live coverage for this one). All I wanna know: Is Biggs playing?

das

No, allegedly going back to Rugby League with Hull. You'll have to get your hair fix elsewhere. Maybe Luke Wallace? Not quite the same though....

:mellow:
No, allegedly going back to Rugby League with Hull. You'll have to get your hair fix elsewhere. Maybe Luke Wallace? Not quite the same though....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24031501

If the rumors prove true I'll just have to switch codes, too! :D

:)

:mellow:

:huh:

:unsure:

What the hell am I thinking??! Even Goldilocks can't turn me into a league gal! Union all the way, babeeeee!

*googles Luke Wallace*

Sheeeeite. Where's Chabal when I really need him.

:p

das

He is on now Das!!

I'll record the match then...just for a glimpse.

Aaaand my computer is messing up again - I need to run a couple virus scans, something's not right (figures I'd get a virus from this forum, with all you poxy blokes around. ;) )

das

Bath took their foot off the pedal in the third quarter of that game, but still an impressive victory. Hopefully they learn from it.
Obviously Tigers have a lot of injuries at the moment, but that was still a quality side.

Watson looked class. Ford, JJ, Roko and Houston were great too.
Thought the Bath tight 5 quietly had the better of the Tiger's in pretty much every regard.

Anyone else find the Football coverage/non-existent rugby coverage quite insulting?

Yarde get's a brace. The guy looks like he's really stepped up to meet the expectation.

Last edited:
Personally, I thought letting Tigers back in for a losing bonus point after being that far ahead was pretty bloody shoddy. I was thought the lead itself was a bit jammy and had more to do with a completely unforced implosion from Tigers - that pass from Lamb should be framed and ***led "The epitome of why Lamb will never play for England" - than Bath themselves, although fair play to them for taking advantage.

Given the strength of that Tigers side - quality, but no more so than several AP sides given the amount of injuries - I can't agree with impressive.

And I can't get over that kick straight down Thompstone's throat. Happily Ford has time to work that sort of thing out of his game but it was, well, a total Ryan Lamb moment.

It was impressive because last season they were liable to allow teams fully back into a game, they were pretty composed in the closing minutes.

Also, when do the Tigers ever implode? Effect of the Cockers ban?

Last edited:
It was impressive because last season they were liable to allow teams fully back into a game, they were pretty composed in the closing minutes.

They were, tis true. Fair enough then.

Personally I think Bath are a season away from being a force. Too many changes in the backline all at once, too many players who have a season's growing up to do. Think they could also do with cutting some of the depth and bringing in a few more top notch players. Which puts them in the same boat (more or less) as quite a few teams Don't know if that fits with what you're seeing as a fan.

I'd agree, mostly. I think they are perfectly capable of being in the top 4, but It's also possible that they will fade in the second half of the winter.
I think they are trying to build their depth this season, and it's just a case of see how they go and cut the guys who aren't good enough - then see what we need.

Right well championship rugby won't be that bad i guess :(, we really should of won today, but again to many disciplinary mistakes cost us the game and probably the season...

Well this has been a freakin' fantastic start. Nick Wood red carded after 73 seconds for rucking on the head of Burger.

Great start to the season for Wood.
Crazy to think we all wanted him in an England shirt only a season or two ago.

Any Farrell haters should watch this game, he is having a mare.

Tompkins just scored under the posts.

That was quickly uploaded!

Any Farrell haters should watch this game, he is having a mare.

Tompkins just scored under the posts.
On the other hand, what a half from Burns. His kicking has been sublime. Has to kick into the wind now, so going to be more difficult after the break.

Savage was tackling like a beast at times in that half. Seems to be getting everywhere.

And Trinder, fantastic feet. Can't wait to see the space open up for him.

Thought it would all be over with Wood's red and last week's performance, but what a step up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, side view is worse than from behind. Disgusting behaviour, I hope they throw the book at him and I hope its a big book, like War and Peace. However, seeing as its the RFU and Wood is in the peripheral vision of Lancaster I suspect a 2-3 weeker.

Wood is nowhere near the England squad. He'll go 8 weeks, I think.

Binny and Kvesic both playing very well - far better than Wood and Robshaw the last two rounds (hard to read into this rounds game though as it was basically water polo).

Last edited:
Ridiculous score line doesn't reflect the game. Frustrated as hell.

Wood gets a ban, and now what? We're left with 3 first-team props: Murphy, Harden and Yann Thomas. Yann Thomas is only starting to convert to tighthead, and tbh I don't think Harden would start at any other club in the league. We need a short-term signing, pronto. Heard/Gibbons not ready.

Wood, Kvesic and Binny for the England back row for the autumn.

Wood, Kvesic and Binny for the England back row for the autumn.

Couldn't argue - but we know that's not going to happen.

Why are some people unable to see that Vunipola ends with an A not an O?

Glos's tight five is worse than Australia's (though Savage is good)

EQP team based primarily on form:

1. Alex Corbisiero
2. Tom Youngs
3. Davey Wilson
4. Joe Launchbury
5. Dave Attwood
6. Tom Wood
7. Matt Kvesic
8. Billy Vunipola
9. Danny Care
10. Freddie Burns
11. Christian Wade