• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 African Cup (RWCQ) - June 28 to July 6

Argentina are a lot better than that though. They still have a fair way to go but I think they are at least better than Fiji, Japan and Samoa. We do seem to generally get easy pools and it hasn't always helped us in the past.

Yeah, after WC we'll back to seventh place on the IRB ranking :D

Does anyone know (if anyone should it should probably be me as a South Afrcan I suppose) what the situations are with Anton Bresler (Sharks lock) and Torsten van Jaarsveld (Cheetahs hooker/backrow) who are both Namibia qualified being born there but havn't been called up as far as I can see. Both are quality players playing at Super rugby level, not stars but holding their own at least. I can't see them playing for SA considering the dpeth we have in those positions- which is the only reason I can think of for them possibly not wanting to play for Nam- so they ought to be shoe ins for the Welwitchias I'd have thought! Add Burger, Engels and Kitshoff and you have a the start of a decent enough pack for a tier 2/3 country.

Wiccus Blauuw (Edinburgh/ Prop) could also be a good target.

Jantijies their scrum half was out of action this round also though I'm not sure why.

What happened to Heinz Koll? I lost track of him after he left Wasps, did he retire?

Last edited:
Wiccus Blauuw (Edinburgh/ Prop) could also be a good target.

Totally forgot about Blaauw too.

Jantijies their scrum half was out of action this round also though I'm not sure why.

What happened to Heinz Koll? I lost track of him after he left Wasps, did he retire?

I didn't pick up on Jantjies being absent from the squad.

The more I think on it the more I feel Namibia could if things go right and their players are fit have a reasonable chance of upsetting either of Georgia or Tonga. Like you said they have quality from 1 to 10 and Botha at 15 is pretty solid so they have the critical bases covered and if so if the midfield can contain the opposition they should be able to hold their own for the most part against those teams I'd imagine.

Last edited:

I don't hear Heinz since some time,but yes it looks like he retired