Natal%20Sharks.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Pumas.png

15 August 2014, 19:10 CAT

Teams:

Sharks:

TBA

Pumas:

15 JW Bell, 14 Ruwellyn Isbell, 13 JW Jonker, 12 Stefan Watermeyer, 11 Rosco Speckman, 10 Justin van Staden, 9 Reynier van Rooyen, 8 Renaldo Bothma, 7 Jaco Bouwer, 6 Corne Steenkamp (captain), 5 Giant Mtyanda, 4 Frikkie Spies, 3 DeJay Terblanche, 2 Francois du Toit, 1 Vincent Koch

Substitutes: 16 Frankie Herne, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Marius Coetzer, 19 Uzair Cassiem, 20 Snake Nyoka, 21 JC Roos, 22 Jerome Pretorius

Western%20Province.png
Blue%20Bulls.png

16 August 2014, 14:00 CAT

Teams:

WP: TBA

Blue Bulls: 15 Jurgen Visser, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Sampie Mastriet, 10 Jacques-Louis Potgieter, 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Jono Ross, 7 Jacques du Plessis, 6 Deon Stegmann(captain), 5 Grant Hattingh, 4 Paul Willemse, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 Callie Visagie, 1 Marcel van der Merwe.

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Hencus Van Wyk, 18 Nicolaas Janse van Rensburg, 19 Jacques Engelbrecht, 20 Rudy Paige, 21 Tony Jantjies, 22 Jesse Kriel.

Golden%20Lions.png
Kings.png

16 August 2014, 14:30 CAT

Teams:

Lions: TBA

Kings: 15. Scott van Breda 14. Ronnie Cooke 13. Tim Whitehead 12. Shane Gates 11. Siviwe Shakes Soyizwapi 10. Gary van Aswegen 9. Tobies Botes 8. Luke Waton (captain) 7. Stefan Willemse 6. Thembelani Bholi 5. David Bulbring 4. Steven Cummins 3. Tom Botha 2. Edgar Marutllule 1. Lizo Gqoboka

Substitutes:16. Albe de Swardt 17. CJ van der Linde 18. Steven Sykes 19. Aidon Davis 20. Kevin Luiters 21. George Whitehead 22. Ntabeni Dukisa

Free%20State%20Cheetahs.png
GWK%20Griquas.png

16 August 2014, 15:00 CAT

Teams:

Cheetahs: TBA

Griquas: TBA​

Some tasty match-ups right here;

- The dark horse Pumas are in with a shout of upsetting the Sharks this early in the season
- The big old North vs South derby, nothing more needs to be said
- Lions - Kings grudge matches have been developing into something spicy with the whole SR fiasco
- And an inter-franchize derby between the underperforming Cheetahs and less fancied Griquas both who'll be desperate to get a win under the belt ASAP

Looking forward to this weekend!

Some tasty match-ups right here;

- The dark horse Pumas are in with a shout of upsetting the Sharks this early in the season
- The big old North vs South derby, nothing more needs to be said
- Lions - Kings grudge matches have been developing into something spicy with the whole SR fiasco
- And an inter-franchize derby between the underperforming Cheetahs and less fancied Griquas both who'll be desperate to get a win under the belt ASAP

Looking forward to this weekend!

Yeah it just sucks that the matches on Saturday starts half an hour after one another due to the Springboks game...

Persisting with Visser and Kruger, still no WSS. Bulls are in serious need of quality props, Mellet is constantly injured too.

Persisting with Visser and Kruger, still no WSS. Bulls are in serious need of quality props, Mellet is constantly injured too.

yeah well, they have been dealt a bad hand recently. With Marcel getting a call-up, Frik Kirsten being forced to retire due to his neck operation that didn't go as planned and a bunch of injuries, they have been struggling at the prop front. I hope, and this might sound mean, but I hope that Greyling gets a lengthy ban so that the Bulls are forced to get more props in the squad, so that they can phase that thug out completely.

Andre Esterhuizen will play blindside for Sharks U21... Stupid decision from White so I've heard. We wouldn't have an issue with flanks if we kept a few! I don't think Frans is the future, so I would rather keep Esterhuizen as a 12...

I'm particularly intrigued by Cheetahs vs. Griquas this week, both sides showed glimpses of decent play last round.

Sharks handled the Pumas relatively easily today, but I only caught highlights.

I'm particularly intrigued by Cheetahs vs. Griquas this week, both sides showed glimpses of decent play last round.

Sharks handled the Pumas relatively easily today, but I only caught highlights.

I was actually impressed with the Pumas performance last night. They were leading half time 7-6.

But then the Sharks rallied rather well in the second half, and i was surprised to see who they brought on in the second half: Matt Stevens

I was actually impressed with the Pumas performance last night. They were leading half time 7-6.

But then the Sharks rallied rather well in the second half, and i was surprised to see who they brought on in the second half: Matt Stevens
Last quarter was promising. Thought a few boys put in a decent shift, Zeilinga, Marais both looked good. Lambie was steady off the bench, glad we got to use him!

Bulls losing 2 weeks in a row against their 2 biggest rivals with both the WP and the Lions scoring over 40 points against them!

If that emergency meeting of last week Sunday did anything, it was to break the morale even more...

Some real problems at the Bulls union and I think it's got to do mostly with that Barend van Graan idiot.

Some real problems at the Bulls union and I think it's got to do mostly with that Barend van Graan idiot.

yeah. I read that there's even turmoil between the Blue Bulls Rugby Company and the Ex-players Association, apparently they have a meeting tonight where a new constitution will be voted on to be adopted, where the ex-players have no say or voting rights at executive level.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/CurrieCup/Rumblings-in-Bulls-boardroom-20140818

and news reports suggests that Jacques-Louis Potgieter will be out injure for at least a month with a rib injury.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/CurrieCup/From-bad-to-worse-for-Bulls-20140818

Latest posts