• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Rebels v Crusaders (Round 5)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140310034422624580.png

140310034427451809.jpg

140310034419852674.jpg

I'm hoping that the Crusaders can build on their win over the Stormers, and put the Rebels away ... I guess it depends on which Rebels side shows up ... the one that out played the Cheetahs, or the one that resembled the deer in the headlights, that played the Force.

... a few injury concerns for the Crusaders ... no Willie Heinz for a few weeks, and Cory Flynn also has a fractured eye socket, so he'll be out for a few weeks also

MELBOURNE REBELS: Jason Woodward, Lachlan Mitchell, Tamati Ellison, Mitch Inman, Tom English, Bryce Hegarty, Luke Burgess, Scott Higginbotham (capt), Scott Fuglistaller, Sean McMahon, Luke Jones, Hugh Pyle, Laurie Weeks, Pat Leafa, Toby Smith. Reserves: Shota Horie, Max Lahiff, Laurie Weeks, Paul Alo-Emile, Cadeyrn Neville, Colby Fainga'a, Ben Meehan, Angus Roberts, Telusa Veainu

Crusaders: Israel Dagg, Nafi Tuitavake, Ryan Crotty, Tom Taylor, Johnny McNicholl, Colin Slade, Andy Ellis, Kieran Read (c), Matt Todd, Luke Whitelock, Samuel Whitelock, Luke Romano, Owen Franks, Ben Funnell, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Codie Taylor, Tim Perry, Nepo Laulala, Dominic Bird, Jordan Taufua, Mitchell Drummond, Kieron Fonotia, Nemani

Last edited:
I'd think the Crusaders will take this handily, but Rebels have been a bogey side in the past, I feel like the Crusaders will want to make a statement however and side they've put up with Dagg starting and 2 play makers at fly-half and inside centre should be more dynamic.

Stupid fantasy rugby question - Will Tom Taylor continue to kick? Slade's been in the side and not kicked over the past couple weeks but they might be grooming Slade to kick so they can take Taylor out of the side? What do you think?

Taylor won't be going anywhere, I'm sure he'll still be goal kicking.

When there is a conversion/penalty, there is a Taylor ;)

And what about "The new Lomu" Nemani Nadolo?? We have talked a lot about him, but not even he is able to get a place in the starting XV. He had the same problem in Waratahs. He's just a great piece of muscle but very awkward?

And what about "The new Lomu" Nemani Nadolo?? We have talked a lot about him, but not even he is able to get a place in the starting XV. He had the same problem in Waratahs. He's just a great piece of muscle but very awkward?

he was a late arrival (I think) from Japan ... he got a game for the Crusaders development team last week, and scored two tries

I think the Crusaders could certainly use him to break the line, but using him of the bench as an impact player, is probably the best use of him initially

for those that don't know, Nemani Nadolo changed his name a while back. He used to be Ratu Nasiganiyavi or something like that. Developed in Aus and represented Aus in u20 World Cup. He was an absolute beast and I was excited about the prospects he would bring the Wallabies, nek minnit - has a poor season with the tahs, changes his name and gets capped by Fiji.... how did that happen?

Anyway, damn kiwi teams stealing players we developed :) hahahahahah

on another note, looks like the Rebels have been written off again like they were agains't the Cheetahs, not only on here but on other "expert rugby" sites everyone is tipping the Crusaders. I'm going to say **** it, Rebels will knock them off!!

C'mon Rebels!!

for those that don't know, Nemani Nadolo changed his name a while back. He used to be Ratu Nasiganiyavi or something like that. Developed in Aus and represented Aus in u20 World Cup. He was an absolute beast and I was excited about the prospects he would bring the Wallabies, nek minnit - has a poor season with the tahs, changes his name and gets capped by Fiji.... how did that happen?

on another note, looks like the Rebels have been written off again like they were agains't the Cheetahs, not only on here but on other "expert rugby" sites everyone is tipping the Crusaders. I'm going to say **** it, Rebels will knock them off!!

C'mon Rebels!!

I don't know that anyone's written them off (I haven't), I just think that the Crusaders (and other teams) have to take them more seriously than they probably had to in previous years ... IF the Crusaders win, it will be as a result of hard grafting (I don't expect them to win pretty) ... I just think that given the Rebels good form, other teams are going to be better prepared for them.

... I actually picked the Rebels to beat the Cheetahs by the way, and given that they have reverted to mostly the same squad that played the Cheetahs, they are more than a chance to win ... but, I'm a Crusaders supporter, so off course I'll back the Crusaders for this one :)

That's not a problem for the wallaby backline. You have: AAC, Toomua, Kuridrani, Beale, Folau, McCabe, Speight, Alofa, Leali'ifano and Cummins. And next year you are going to recover JOC, the problem of Wallabies isn't their backline, your problem is the first row. Wallabies need some top class props and one top class hooker. In the second and back row also have several interesting players, that is the main problem of Aussie team, their first row IMO.

Cheers

Last edited:
I;m not sure the Crusaders will find this as easy as they should. Crusaders by a couple!

Well done to the Crusaders, I didn't think the Rebels were bad, they just weren't good enough. We missed 1 or 2 penalty kicks and got the bad end of the scrum penalty stick, hopefully Woodward doesn't have to miss out due to injury. I can't bear the thought of Roberts starting. with the crusaders try you could clearly see that english had dagg covered and angus had to close the space between him and funnell fast, instead you see him creeping slowly across before a poor attempt at a tackle when funnell had already dotten down, he's just out of his depth a this level! Would also like to see Veainu start. didn't get much game time but had a few moments where you could tell he would love a little space to open up.

Latest posts