• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

Who on earth did that infographic btw?

Average height for a NZ back - 5'6"? Australia backs - 5'5"? :huh:

Yeah I think they were doing the average height of the NZ and Australian players back in 1915, not 2015:)

Good luck to both teams. The leaked Australian tactics might end up detrimental to the All Blacks having received this information only a day before the final. It could end up working in Australian favour with the AB's trying to over-compensate. Here's hoping it doesn't. But they seemed obvious enough that Hansen probably already knew them and had worked on things in the training ground.

No mention of the possibility of extra time. I think it's a plausible prediction given how tight games have been over the years outside of NZ. I have a feeling the neutral crowd will be completely behind Australia as well, giving them extra adrenaline and extra motivation.

An Australian team with their tails up is a lethal dangerous side, more adventurous than a predictable and laboured Spring Bok, they are capable of scoring more points and in quantity with quickness. The AB's can afford no mistakes or let Australia get a strong scent of that cup, because they will be clinical and unforgiving. Having said that, the All Blacks have too much quality, experience and depth in their team to really see this cup slide through their grasp at such a point in the tournament at such a point in their career, too much on the line for them to lose, especially to the Aussies!

Last edited:
This is going to be a cracker, slightly fancy the AB's, but you never know.
Anyone ever heard of an AB called Brent Pope met him on Wednesday, guess who he fancies, pure gent too.

If you think the Wallaby game plan has been leaked think again

That will be the fundamentals of their game plan. They didn't accidentally leak it though because Cheika know's there nothing to lose as Hansen already knows what the Wallaby tactics will be.

I've had this damn pit in my stomach all week. I just need kickoff to start damn it!!

This is going to be a cracker, slightly fancy the AB's, but you never know.
Anyone ever heard of an AB called Brent Pope met him on Wednesday, guess who he fancies, pure gent too.

He never made the All Blacks.

He did play for Otago though - I think he may have been in a trial squad for the ABs a few times.

http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/atoz.asp?group=P

Last edited:
The Wallabies are scared of the All Blacks.
That's why they're spending so much time
not saying "All Blacks " and silly game plans.

We are going to Smash you!!!

It is pretty pathetic of the Wallabies. I mean, what do the All Blacks call the Wallabies? The Australians? No, they give their opposition the respect they deserve.

Boy.
Tis the time for little brother to talk tough isnt it. [emoji57]

It is pretty pathetic of the Wallabies. I mean, what do the All Blacks call the Wallabies? The Australians? No, they give their opposition the respect they deserve.

Even if it is true, who cares how they mentally prepare for a rugby game?

I personally don't really buy it - I think it's probably been incorrectly read that way - but I'd guess they are choosing to talk about their own performances and things they can control - rather than mention the opposition. Calling them All Blacks / New Zealand, meh same difference really. People get wound up over some pretty small things.

Whatever happens - I really hope it's not a controversial result with any big referee errors. This forum will crash.

So you prefer being called All Blacks more than New Zealanders?

A bit self depreciating isnt it?

Oh Cheika calls the Wallabies Australia as well.
Its not just for poor little brother that he does it.

Very good point

- - - Updated - - -

So you prefer being called All Blacks more than New Zealanders?

A bit self depreciating isnt it?

Oh Cheika calls the Wallabies Australia as well.
Its not just for poor little brother that he does it.

Haven't you read the news kiwis are not little
Aussies are an inch shorter

- - - Updated - - -

Boy.
Tis the time for little brother to talk tough isnt it. [emoji57]

What makes you think you are a big brother?

- - - Updated - - -

Very good point

The banter in this thread is terrible.

Let's try and focus on the game before I start revoking member's weekend passes with my ban-gun of justice.

If you think the Wallaby game plan has been leaked think again

It's kinda funny though, cause what people are suggesting is that Chieka knew exactly what was going on. If that is the case, then he certainly is putting a lot of time and effort into this mind game stuff huh!! Too much maybe?? I dont know. I'm not sure which I'd be more concerned about if I were an Ozzie. That a game plan may have been accidentally leaked? or Chieka seems to have way too much time on his hands??

This week has clearly gone on too long if this is honestly the sh#t we're arguing about... It's getting to Origin levels of absurdity with the offence taking now.

They were giving them the respect.
They don't call them the All Blacks, they call them the "Adidas presents the AIG All Blacks".

The banter in this thread is terrible.

Let's try and focus on the game before I start revoking member's weekend passes with my ban-gun of justice.

Haha, good luck with that mate! There's no restriction on age on this forum is there? With that in mind I suspect you might find yourself running around trying to control 8 years olds. Well at least thats how some of these posts read.... Genuine question though, how old are you two??

- - - Updated - - -

This week has clearly gone on too long if this is honestly the sh#t we're arguing about... It's getting to Origin levels of absurdity with the offence taking now.

Agree with that. Radio sport had Tony Vietch on today (from 12 I think) with a 6 hour build up to the final! I turned it off after 20 minutes cause they'd run out of anything meaningful to talk about.

It's kinda funny though, cause what people are suggesting is that Chieka knew exactly what was going on. If that is the case, then he certainly is putting a lot of time and effort into this mind game stuff huh!! Too much maybe?? I dont know. I'm not sure which I'd be more concerned about if I were an Ozzie. That a game plan may have been accidentally leaked? or Chieka seems to have way too much time on his hands??

I think we need to realise that Hansen and co are masters
Of World Cup final tactics and Cheika is
a babe in the woods.

Latest posts