• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: Argentina vs. Tonga (04/10/2015)

Absolute domination from Argentina so far, some lovely rugby going on.

Too many silly mistakes to be honest. Those will cost us dearly against the likes of France/Ireland.

Just when we start to look like a cool team we keep doing the same amateur mistakes as ever.

Why chip it there... :( That was so dumb. A butchered try after some good passes. We can't afford that

We deserve this after that chip.

And then that missed line out, failed at the basic tactic of leaning away not to allow the maul formation.

And then those missed tackles.

- - - Updated - - -

In truth this was an awful half by the kids. Argentina had no rugby, just counterattacks and lucky runs by the lads. In fairness, we didn't build anything, we didn't play any rugby or made anything but good material for highlight videos.

Really bad.

Both teams playing some entertaining rugby, decent watch for the neutral. I thought Argentina might cut loose after the two tries but tonga hanging in there!

We deserve this after that chip.

And then that missed line out, failed at the basic tactic of leaning away not to allow the maul formation.

And then those missed tackles.

- - - Updated - - -

In truth this was an awful half by the kids. Argentina had no rugby, just counterattacks and lucky runs by the lads. In fairness, we didn't build anything, we didn't play any rugby or made anything but good material for highlight videos.

Really bad.

I agree, fantastic counter-attacking but no real putting together of phases and a worrying lack of basics at time, especially in defence. I think playing without the ball is Argentina's biggest weakness, their defence is very passive and they don't have a strong kicking game to take pressure off and play in the right areas.

Against NZ their defence was very good in the sense of organisation, fitness and making their tackles, but the passive defensive system stopped them from turning ball over and relieving the pressure, and their lack of kicking game made it even worse. Today, they aren't even making all their tackles, I think Senatore alone has missed at least three. Moroni is a real step down from Bosch, certainly defensively.

Yeah, I think you're right. And it's not only in defense, you can see all those childish decisions on the passes when they have the ball.

Put Agulla and Bosch and let's see how it changes.

- - - Updated - - -

And Creevy saves his team again.

Somebody asks Tuculet what he thinks of that chip.

- - - Updated - - -

Kurt Morath looks like Woody from Toy Story.

Don't look up for the physicality either, they look intimidated. That Lavanini shoulder-charge (which should have been a yellow, no question) looked like a case of him being too scared of getting smashed to take on the Tongans legally.

Latest posts