• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: Canada vs. Romania (06/10/2015)

I for one am ecstatic with this result! We can finally fire the entire coaching and management staff and get some folks to properly manage the 15s program. This program has been run in to the ground the past couple of years and Rugby Canada only have themselves to blame. I never want to see a Sevens player on the XVs field again for this country!

We stood still like true OAKS! It would be fantastic should the 6 Nation tournament be open for Romania and Georgia. I know it's been 25 years since we beat France on their home turf (12-6 at Auch), but I believe we should be considered first hand should such event occurs.

12072578_10153679554953270_3999621292765430891_n.jpg

Absolutely unbelivable! Romanian teams in any sport usually collapse at the end in a shameful manner, well not our rugby boys! We were absolutely **** for 50 min, when Canada played really nice running rugby but then the Oaks showed great determination and forward power to come back!

I hope the Oaks can now win against Italy, despite the unfair 4-day rest period, and rock the rugby establishment. I might be drunk when I write this, I know that our chances against Italy are 25% at best, but we got nothing to lose and they will be the ones under pressure. Come on the Oaks!

Maybe I'm biased but I think Barnes was very unfair to us in this match! It doesn't really matter since we won anyway.

Absolutely unbelivable! Romanian teams in any sport usually collapse at the end in a shameful manner, well not our rugby boys! We were absolutely **** for 50 min, when Canada played really nice running rugby but then the Oaks showed great determination and forward power to come back!

I hope the Oaks can now win against Italy, despite the unfair 4-day rest period, and rock the rugby establishment. I might be drunk when I write this, I know that our chances against Italy are 25% at best, but we got nothing to lose and they will be the ones under pressure. Come on the Oaks!

Maybe I'm biased but I think Barnes was very unfair to us in this match! It doesn't really matter since we won anyway.

Well done :)

[video]https://www.facebook.com/rugbyworldcup/videos/10153708935657174/[/video]

To be fair, Canada was superior on the back line. Quick recycling, they always seemed to have an extra man on the outside. Romania dominated the scrum, so the tactic went as it always does, with scrum -> penalty -> touch -> maul -> try.

In the end, as much as I love team Canada, it was the Oaks who played the full 80 minutes. Props (or should I say backs) to Canada for really improving their game, I believe that in a few years they'll get far ahead of Romania if they get their forward game straight.

Thank you :) Respect for Canada as well, they were really unlucky not to win any match at this RWC after being close three times. They have played some exciting running rugby this year.

Thank you :) Respect for Canada as well, they were really unlucky not to win any match at this RWC after being close three times. They have played some exciting running rugby this year.

It's the forwards who made the difference. Canada still plays a great 7's Rugby but lacks in the top 8. I always wondered... if we can combine the Romanian or Georgian to 8's and Canadian or Japan last 7's... we would make a top 10 IRB team :)

Well, I guess the Romanian old-school 8-man rugby proved in the end to be superior to Canada's 7-man rugby. I agree, a combined selection could easily win against Tier 1 sides.

Great win for Romania. Hopefully they can recover in time to put some dents in Italy.

I´m so happy for this Romanian win, because this guys fight against all odds. They don't have the economic power or the infraestructure to develop the game, like Japan or Italy (don't have money to buy players too) but they have balls giants like a stadium, and a heart full of passion. This situation remind me the Pumas of the 80's and 90's, all amateur, none dirigencial support, no money...but a lot of guts.
European elite of rugby, it is time to make ann effort for the eastern brothers, don't let the romanian rugby die again.

I´m so happy for this Romanian win, because this guys fight against all odds. They don't have the economic power or the infraestructure to develop the game, like Japan or Italy (don't have money to buy players too) but they have balls giants like a stadium, and a heart full of passion. This situation remind me the Pumas of the 80's and 90's, all amateur, none dirigencial support, no money...but a lot of guts.
European elite of rugby, it is time to make ann effort for the eastern brothers, don't let the romanian rugby die again.
+1

That's why we respect Pumas

They understand us better :cool:

We should make a Big balls coalition with Argentina, Georgia, Romania and Japan.

^_^

Freakin well done to Romania !

What a comeback boys,well done and deserved !

Can kick my own backside...watched the game until just before Romania scored.....

Do you have any idea how Man of the match award is given at RWC? Because I am confused why Hassler got it :huh:

Latest posts