• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: Canada vs. Romania (06/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

Canada.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Romania.png

Leicester City Stadium, Leicester (06/10/2015, 16:45)
Pool D, Round 3

Referee: Wayne Barnes
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Canada: Harry Jones, Jeff Hassler, Ciaran Hearn, Nick Blevins, DTH Van Der Merwe, Nathan Hirayama, Gordon McRorie; Aaron Carpenter, John Moonlight, Jebb Sinclair, Jamie Cudmore (captain), Brett Beukeboom, Doug Wooldridge, Ray Barkwill, Hubert Buydens. Reserves: Benoit Piffero, Djustice Searsru, Jake Ilnicki, Kyle Gilmour, Nanyak Dala, Phil Mack, Conor Trainor, James Pritchard

Romania: Catalin Fercu, Madalin Lemnaru, Paula Kinikinilau, Florin Vlaicu, Ionut Botezatu, Michael Wiringi, Florin Surugiu; Mihai Macovei (captain), Viorel Lucaci, Valentin Ursache, Johan van Heerden, Valentin Poparlan, Paulica Ion, Otar Turashvili, Mihaita Lazar. Reserves: Andrei Radoi, Andrei Ursache, Alexandru Tarus, Daniel Carpo, Stelian Burcea, Valentin Calafeteanu, Adrian Apostol, Csaba Gal

I have no idea who's going to win this game. on the site "pozkawa" i have Canada 13 Romania 20
This is going to be a trench war anyway.

Would like Romania to win. They beat Six Nations countries in the 80's, and they have a professional rugby setup in their country. Getting a stronger Romania would be great for the game.

Was that a yellow? Quite harsh IMO...

Last edited:
Well deserved try for canada. But why did they shift goal kickers?? Hirayama was doing fine against france...

Was that a yellow? Quite harsh IMO...

Bit harsh is an understatement. No tackle, Romanian was looking up at the ball so puzzled as to why Barnes thinks he had a responsibility for the guy in the air. If the Canadian had jumped into the Romanians head and flattened him, would that also be a card?

Isn't that the same situation as the Hogg incident in the 6 nations?

Bit harsh is an understatement. No tackle, Romanian was looking up at the ball so puzzled as to why Barnes thinks he had a responsibility for the guy in the air. If the Canadian had jumped into the Romanians head and flattened him, would that also be a card?

I did say quite harsh, not just a bit ahaha. Wayne barnes, rugby wouldnt be the same without you.....

This game is a justification for reducing the numbers of teams to end up with better quality!

This game is a justification for reducing the numbers of teams to end up with better quality!

I second utter BS...
Canada is playing very well, and romania is not far behind...
The reason I believe this is the best world cup ever, is mostly due to the unexpected level of those tier 2 teams... Loving Canada, japan, georgia, Fidji...

Bugger, I missed it, what happened?

Wayne barnes saw something that none of us did see(A tackle that never happened in the air from canada that got a romanian on his back), this after speaking to the TMO and also looking at the replay as the TMO couldnt be sure.... And not only he gave a penalty but also a yellow...

Wow, Canada in real trouble here....

I support both these teams so it's hard to pick either one, but right now Romania deserve it more imho.. Canada has made some unforgivable mistakes, they do miss Ardron.

The Romanian women are..... FINE !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well done, Romania. Happy they won :)

Awesome comeback from the romanians. Can't help to feel compassion for cudmore, I really wanted them to get a win.

That wasn't expected after Canada's last outing. Well played Romania

Latest posts