• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Romania (23/09/2015)

Imho Romania will be a hard nut to crack in the futur.. They have the tools to destroy Italy and i wish luck to Ireland. ;)

About Argie, i didn't know, so thank you.
About frog, This is very sexy when Kelly Reilly tell Romain Duris "you frog".
About Rosbif, This is not an insult this is a tradition, i love England.. did i really say that?

Dulin is quick and had a good game and simply has to replace that ineffective lump Spedding.
Wasn't it Flanquart who gave that peach of a pass for Nyanga's try? Showing the ball and delaying the pass so that Nyanga could score unchallenged was class!
It was a satisfactory win but far from perfect. Next up are Canada on Thursday 1st and then the big one against Ireland on Sunday 11th.

Dulin was excellent for the whole 80mins and deserves the French 15 jersey he was quick and illussive, side stepping and keeping defenders on their toes!but don't hold your breath guys because there's no way in hell PSA will give him the jersey! Spedding is PSA perfect player, big, aggressive, straight forward runner. If there is a gap to run through he would rather smash into the defender anyways just for fun
Did you guys see PSA get angry at a journalist the other day? The journalist said something like " rugby isn't just about strength it's also about speed and flair" and PSA just blew up and said he's obviously never played rugby before and didn't know what he was talking about! What a Dick!!!

Having Tales instead of FTD is a travesty! Tales was **** poor last night. Didn't do a single thing. Fickou was pretty poor as well but at least you could tell he knew and made up for it with a nice try at the end.

It is VERY FRUSTRATING being a French rugby fan at moment.

i think people have to put everything into perspective, 2 matches played 2 matches won and one with a bonus but the simple solution is no bonus points and just win 7 on the trot only five to go........... and Voila Champions du Monde.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who needs bonus points, just 7 wins will do.... time to wake up soon!!!!!!!!!

During the 2011 world cup we had the same bad start, maybe even worst and at the end of the day we made it to the last round..
And we have played Romania with only one starter.(Picamoles)

I cant wait for Ireland to play France now, the best part is Im going to watch it in France! With French people!

In the past 2 weeks, Ive gone from nervous to quite confident, but its still early days yet, dont want to jinx anything now...

Teddy thomas has an enormous lot to learn before havin the international level.

I partially disagree, if Teddy is indeed young and raw, the purpose of this game is still about scoring tries, Teddy belong to my starting 15. He is an obvious play maker and imo Teddy > Nakaitaci.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant wait for Ireland to play France now, the best part is Im going to watch it in France! With French people!

In the past 2 weeks, Ive gone from nervous to quite confident, but its still early days yet, dont want to jinx anything now...

Sexton will stay away from Bastareaud. :p
But that will still be one of the toughest game of this WC for the French. 50/50

we could only but win that one. A SA reffing an SA-infiltrated team can only produce a win :D

Kockott Spedding & Co made sure Jaco knew his priorities.. he was invited before for a barbecue on the golf course over in Croydon...that's the best use of a Golf course i've seen in a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Chill out... The win is almost in the bag.Ireland only turns up to secure a win. Don't forget our staff is on your side in their own inimitable way. We haven't even picked the right players to go to the RWC. They're being rested by their club for the Top14...
We are jinxed beyond anything with the staff we have...100 Hail Marys and a professional exorcist couldn't save us...

Last edited:

Ireland france will be defo a good match, the first match that will show where the 2 teams are.

I'm quite confident on my side, the french team that plays RWCs is never the same than the one that plays 6 nations and we have always beat the Irish by 20 points in our previous RWC confrontation. We could argue that the current Irish team is maybe stronger than any the french team have met in pas RWC. Hence why I think it will be a tense match but I still see a french win. Which I'm not sure I want because it means that we will meet the Argentinans against who we have quite poor record in RWC.

Last edited:
I think you know as well as I do that you cant count on history! Ireland beating France in Stade de France after 14 years, Japan beating the Springboks for the first time ever... just 2 examples from the top of my head

Thats the great thing about sport, history is always being made. Narratives get built, then collapse or prosper, and fans and players alike are either exuberant with joy or downright miserable, enough to cause a nation to either celebrate or commiserate!

So yeah my point is Im not going to rely on history for this match :p Over the past year (or even 2) at face value, team to team, Ireland have been considerably better than France and I think Ireland are going to enter this quite confidently and out-pressure and maybe even out-muscle this scrappy French squad. It will still be tight, and tense, but I dont see us losing...

If Ireland put Romania in the dumps (40+ win), then that will only seal my belief even further!

I think you know as well as I do that you cant count on history! Ireland beating France in Stade de France after 14 years, Japan beating the Springboks for the first time ever... just 2 examples from the top of my head

Thats the great thing about sport, history is always being made. Narratives get built, then collapse or prosper, and fans and players alike are either exuberant with joy or downright miserable, enough to cause a nation to either celebrate or commiserate!

So yeah my point is Im not going to rely on history for this match :p Over the past year (or even 2) at face value, team to team, Ireland have been considerably better than France and I think Ireland are going to enter this quite confidently and out-pressure and maybe even out-muscle this scrappy French squad. It will still be tight, and tense, but I dont see us losing...

If Ireland put Romania in the dumps (40+ win), then that will only seal my belief even further!

Well said jomjom ☺ my head is telling me that Ireland will win, but my heart...

Last edited:

Score against Romania won't mean anything, France has always been crap when playing weaker team, we do not know how to be clinical against these sort of team.

Sure, history is not a given but still, the french team that plays the 6 nations is not the same that is playing the RWC. The preparation time for the RWC put the french team on an equal ground with other team. As for the 6 nations, Ireland, who has a system of provinces feeding the national team, always had an advantage in terms of preparation as players play together quite a lot and meet more often.

At the end, you right, this is a matter of belief !

I defo think that Ireland has a strong experienced team, certainly the best ever..like Wales in 2011. But does that means that they have a serious chance to win the competition ? Not too sure about this...

Well, I didnt say that Ireland could win the world cup, just that Im pretty sure Ireland are going to play Argentina in the QFs :)

As to whether or not I do think Ireland can win the world cup, its not impossible! Just not likely, but who knows, anything is possible! This includes France making it to the final. Imagine you beat NZ in the QFs and met Ireland again in the final?

France are buzzing along nicely at the moment.
They are definitely hatching a plot to bring someone down, I just hope it's not that lovely bunch of friendly chaps from the south seas who wear that slimming black outfit....

Well, I didnt say that Ireland could win the world cup, just that Im pretty sure Ireland are going to play Argentina in the QFs :)

As to whether or not I do think Ireland can win the world cup, its not impossible! Just not likely, but who knows, anything is possible! This includes France making it to the final. Imagine you beat NZ in the QFs and met Ireland again in the final?

Could be a nice final ;)

I was quite silly to expect anything from this match other than what happened. I'll take the win, especially the no injuries part.
I'm particularly happy with the locks. They both played very well in my opinion, even if it's true that for bigger games there should be only one of them on the pitch, especially with loossies as loose as Nyanga and Ouedraogo. Szarzewski was crap as usual, though his aggressive defence around the ruck was useful.
I'm satisfied with some preformances: Debaty, the locks, Parra, Tales (surprisingly, and I seem to be the only one), Guitoune.
Disappointed by: Dulin, Fickou, Szarzewski, Atonio, Ouedraogo.
Picamoles and Nakaitaci were quiet, but that was expected. Nyanga and Fofana were ok.

Bring on the gimps.

1697525-35948961-2560-1440.jpg
de gauche a droite on reconnait Blanco PSA et leur gisquette

Latest posts