• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: Ireland vs. Romania (27/09/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

Ireland.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Romania.png

Wembley Stadium, London (27/09/2015, 16:45)
Pool D, Round 2

Referee: Craig Joubert
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png

More of the same really from Ireland this week.

Give the rest of the squad some game time.

Hope we offer a bit more in attack though, still not fully convinced.

I wont be happy unless we beat Romania by at least 30 points, to be honest.

Before the thread goes too far, I'd just like to rant (no really, I know you'll find it hard to believe I'd rant) about the likes of Romania and Japan having to turn around games in 4-5 days.

If anything, it should be the T1 nations that are faced with the short turnarounds as they have the better squad depths to cope.

Agreed. It is as though they were formulated with the expectation that they would never win

Before the thread goes too far, I'd just like to rant (no really, I know you'll find it hard to believe I'd rant) about the likes of Romania and Japan having to turn around games in 4-5 days.

If anything, it should be the T1 nations that are faced with the short turnarounds as they have the better squad depths to cope.

France has payed 2 games already in 4 days (Saturday evening to Wednesday evening), NZ will as well as they played on Sunday and play again this evening, Australia will play again on Sunday, Scotland is playing on Sunday again ;)

the only 2 T1 teams that do not have this kind of turn around are England, Wales and Ireland ;)

the only 2 T1 teams that do not have this kind of turn around are England, Wales and Ireland ;)
Wales in fact they probably have the worst turnaround of any top tier nation. Playing England on Saturday then Fiji on Wednesday. Now look at their injury/fitness list, think that's probably worse on Wednesday, now look at Fiji fresh after playing Aus. Also how well they played against Aus/Eng.

So Healy looks certain to start, great news and hope he comes through unscathed. Henshaw is also confirmed as being fit, so expect him, Toner, Henry, Murphy, Payne, Reddan all starting.

Simon Zebo, Tommy Bowe, Jared Payne, Darren Cave, Keith Earls, Ian Madigan, Eoin Reddan

Cian Healy, Richardt Strauss, Nathan White, Donnacha Ryan, Devin Toner, Jordi Murphy, Chris Henry, Jamie Heaslip.

Good team. Fair play to Schmidt I didn't think he'd mix it as much but he will have all 31 ticking nicely.
This is a big game for Bowe as well Kearney has really set the battle line and standard.
Rumours too that Madigan will see time at 9

Good team. Fair play to Schmidt I didn't think he'd mix it as much but he will have all 31 ticking nicely.
This is a big game for Bowe as well Kearney has really set the battle line and standard.
Rumours too that Madigan will see time at 9
Rookie question, but who kicks goals in this lineup?

Schmidt picking a team like this just shows me that the team is oozing in confidence. Hope it pays off. Only risk is playing Payne again. He needs a rest...

Ncurd - That for me is one of the most interesting elements of a fascinating group. What chance Wales beating England and then falling short against Fiji?

Hoping that we get out wide relatively quickly against Romania. No point in playing to their only strength, especially with the interpretational Joubert reffing.

You will be relieved that I have to out but would put Ireland at 49+ here!!!

3 minutes of possession and no score due to knock on. Annoying, but clearly the strategy is wear them down.

Must feel pretty crazy for some of the Romanian players running out in front of 90k people!

Interesting to see Madigan and Zebo seem to be the key guys in terms of receivers

Latest posts