• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: Ireland vs. Canada (19/09/2015)

How on earth was that an offence, nevermind a yellow card? Bewildered.

Oh dear Paul. Little bit excited there.

EDIT: Peat, I had this debate with a few mates a couple of weeks ago and was told a Welsh player was offside against Ire and got away with it. I thought it was open play as there was no ruck... but then I could be wrong?

Oh dear Paul. Little bit excited there.

EDIT: Peat, I had this debate with a few mates a couple of weeks ago and was told a Welsh player was offside against Ire and got away with it. I thought it was open play as there was no ruck... but then I could be wrong?

I can't compare the two incidents but from what I saw there, POC was onside from the last ruck, where he comes from is immaterial. Maybe there's something I'm forgetting or missing, but if he's not offside, what possibly offence could there be there? Pretty sure the ball went back.

Think the ITV commentators might have a point - Cudmore was in the ref's ear prior to half-time about him getting a sin bin but no Irish player getting one when infringing on their line. Might have influenced Jackson. But I'm genuinely puzzled as to why he thought there was a penalty there at all.

I can't compare the two incidents but from what I saw there, POC was onside from the last ruck, where he comes from is immaterial. Maybe there's something I'm forgetting or missing, but if he's not offside, what possibly offence could there be there? Pretty sure the ball went back.

Think the ITV commentators might have a point - Cudmore was in the ref's ear prior to half-time about him getting a sin bin but no Irish player getting one when infringing on their line. Might have influenced Jackson. But I'm genuinely puzzled as to why he thought there was a penalty there at all.

Lazy running?!

Lol if people get that rugby reference...

Impressive stuff from Canada this half, running into space well when their backs get on the ball.

Two very bad decisions there. Reddan going right and Payne kicking.

Well taken by VDM though.

Latest posts