• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Romania (23/09/2015)

I was quite silly to expect anything from this match other than what happened. I'll take the win, especially the no injuries part.
I'm particularly happy with the locks. They both played very well in my opinion, even if it's true that for bigger games there should be only one of them on the pitch, especially with loossies as loose as Nyanga and Ouedraogo. Szarzewski was crap as usual, though his aggressive defence around the ruck was useful.
I'm satisfied with some preformances: Debaty, the locks, Parra, Tales (surprisingly, and I seem to be the only one), Guitoune.
Disappointed by: Dulin, Fickou, Szarzewski, Atonio, Ouedraogo.
Picamoles and Nakaitaci were quiet, but that was expected. Nyanga and Fofana were ok.

I wasn't disappointed with Dulin, he hadn't played a game at full-back since last season and he did ok, I still prefer him to Spedding but sadly I don't think that he'll get some more playing time to get to his best level.
I was especially disapoointe with our flankers, Nyanga and Ouedraogo both had a chance to get into our first XV because of Chouly's terrible form but didn't seize it. I think that Le Roux might get his spot back, but Chouly was useless again when he came on.
I was shocked at how we missed Bastareaud in our backline, it looked like without his brute force and ability to consistently break the opposite defence our backs didn't know what to do and our midfield was particularly impotent.
In the end, this means that Fofana will get his spot back, Chouly might get replaced by Le Roux, Guitoune should get the nod ahead of Grosso (against Ireland) and PSA will be tempted to put 6 forwards on the bench for the big games, as our back subsitutions are quite uneffective.

Spedding can kick from 60 meters , so its no question in saint andre s mind. Spedding so far is 3 points if foul at 50 meters. Saint Andre thinks like this, he doesnt give a **** about the beauty of game. Maybe its hte solution for france to finally win, maybe not.

Spedding can kick from 60 meters , so its no question in saint andre s mind. Spedding so far is 3 points if foul at 50 meters. Saint Andre thinks like this, he doesnt give a **** about the beauty of game. Maybe its hte solution for france to finally win, maybe not.

having a kicker who is successful from 60 mts is probably not going to win you the game, but a pack that turns over opposition ball and makes few mistakes and gives little in penalties will win the game. whether its a beautiful game or not, i personally would take 7 wins at 3-0 that would be a beautiful game.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't do hair dryer treatment well. Da lips are moving but nobody's listening. The body language of the players says it all.....

Last edited by a moderator:
"having a kicker who is successful from 60 mts is probably not going to win you the game, but a pack that turns over opposition ball and makes few mistakes and gives little in penalties will win the game. whether its a beautiful game or not, i personally would take 7 wins at 3-0 that would be a beautiful game.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Toi tu kiffes Urios lol

"having a kicker who is successful from 60 mts is probably not going to win you the game, but a pack that turns over opposition ball and makes few mistakes and gives little in penalties will win the game. whether its a beautiful game or not, i personally would take 7 wins at 3-0 that would be a beautiful game.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Toi tu kiffes Urios lol

PSA prend des cours avec Urios. Mafia castraise aux commandes & noyaute l'equipe...LOL

Toi tu kiffes Urios lol[/QUOTE]

Exactly best coach in the TOP 14 last season (not counting Jake as he started in Jan with a bordel at the club) bought Oyonnax to qualification with practically no stars or massive names just a team that fought for each over and their coach, lots of respect for Urios, and he willl bring back Castres to where they were a coupleof seasons back. No frills just a very good coach he is on the panel for Canal+ during the WC and is worth listening too as he talks a lot of sense.

Toi tu kiffes Urios lol

best coach in the TOP 14 last season .[/QUOTE]
Let s not overexagerate:D, best coach last season were Quesada/Dubois, from very very far. Urios is a nice guy but i fear he is too much of an old school style coach. Guys like him or the 2 bozos of Racing arent my type of rugby.

no Urios was the best as he brought a team of no stars through to qualify for next seasons Euro Cup, Stade Francais wth its massive bunch of stars is quite normal that they won what they won, the Bouclier, no one was surpried by their performance but many were surprised how well Oyonnax did last season. They are not in any terms in the same class as Stade financially. They may not be your type of rugby, but that does not mean they are not good, and Bozos what sort of comment is that do you know these guys personally i should think not!!!! i do!!!! or are you another mouth spouter full of B S here for the WC, and disappear as soon as its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhaahah pt1 la rage,
well, sorry for bozos but when u have the second biggest budget on earth for a club, and you keep playin a restrictive rugby, and not even reachin a final, i mean, fell free to call them genius, i dont.
As for the "stars" of Stade Francais, they became stars last year, apart from Morne steyn who did only 3 good matches, who are the stars? Bonfils, Bonneval, Burban, slimani etc?
And so, u come to insult me cos i dont like ur type of rugby, omg. I wont describe you my phone book, it might make you sick...
So i was joking, but if you wanna be a dick about it, ok man, Urios is the best in France by far, he s a genius in rugby, he revolutionized rugby.

Let s not overexagerate:D, best coach last season were Quesada/Dubois, from very very far. Urios is a nice guy but i fear he is too much of an old school style coach. Guys like him or the 2 bozos of Racing arent my type of rugby.

It's not an exaggeration. It's just reality. He had the results to show for. Urios has done a fantastic job last season and without a single international players in his squad. He got 400% out of essentially a ProD2 group of players. For my money he was the best coach. I also had Dubois as best backs coach for last season.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/35791-My-best-XV-team
I think he is going to transform Castres...

We need more coaches who can instill strong identity, self-belief & can turn players into leaders.

This is precisely what has been lacking from the staff in charge of les Bleus over last 4 yrs........

- - - Updated - - -

ahhaahah pt1 la rage,
well, sorry for bozos but when u have the second biggest budget on earth for a club, and you keep playin a restrictive rugby, and not even reachin a final, i mean, fell free to call them genius, i dont.
As for the "stars" of Stade Francais, they became stars last year, apart from Morne steyn who did only 3 good matches, who are the stars? Bonfils, Bonneval, Burban, slimani etc?
And so, u come to insult me cos i dont like ur type of rugby, omg. I wont describe you my phone book, it might make you sick...
So i was joking, but if you wanna be a dick about it, ok man, Urios is the best in France by far, he s a genius in rugby, he revolutionized rugby.

Nobody said he is a genius or brought a revolution. Our appraisal is a bit more balanced than yours. We give credit where credit is due. And he is easily a better coach than the blue muppets currently in charge...

Last edited:
Pour 400% prod2, il yen a un paquet qui ont joue en super15 dis donc.https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saison_2014-2015_de_l'Union_sportive_Oyonnax_rugby.

Quand tu n as pas d'internationaux, tout miser sur les fondamentaux est logique et paye. Prendre des points avec ton equipe type contre les equipes B voire C des grosses quand elles font tourner par obligation, est normal.
Je dis pas qu'il est pas bon, il est tres sympa, bon coach etc, mais c'est pas le meilleur et de loin. Si les arguments sont les stars du SF ou ma presence recente...

Listen OverGore! Last season, Urios achieved something with Oyonnax that nobody would have imagined - except perhaps the man himself.
Their players - with no real big names, forged a real team identity and put the town of Oyonnax on the rugby map.
This season he is going to try to instil the same spirit with Castres - good luck to him.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were to join the coaching staff of the XV de France in the next few years !

Pour 400% prod2, il yen a un paquet qui ont joue en super15 dis donc.https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saison_2014-2015_de_l'Union_sportive_Oyonnax_rugby.

j'ai pas dit 400% ProD2. J'ai dit qu'il avait obtenu 400% de rendement de performance cad des resultats bien au dela de ce qu'on pouvait attendre d'un promu et vu l'effectif. T'as aussi du mal en anglais.

Quand tu n as pas d'internationaux, tout miser sur les fondamentaux est logique et paye. Prendre des points avec ton equipe type contre les equipes B voire C des grosses quand elles font tourner par obligation, est normal.

ah bon parce qu'Oyo ils ont pas besoin de faire tourner eux et ils alignent toujours qu'une equipe A type?! tu racontes n'importe quoi.

Je dis pas qu'il est pas bon, il est tres sympa, bon coach etc, mais c'est pas le meilleur et de loin. Si les arguments sont les stars du SF ou ma presence recente...

sur la saison derniere en finissant dans le dernier carré comme promu, avec un petit budget et un effectif sans star, c'est lui qui realise le meilleur rendement. Il a laissé derriere au classement des equipes avec des meilleurs joueurs et des plus gros budgets. La difference il a bien fallu la faire avec quelque chose. C'est pas avec les individualités le budget ou la météo, c'est avec son coaching. Ca y est t'as capté ?

Last edited:

Bâillement.............................

Ca y est t'as capté ?[/QUOTE]

lol oui oui merci, j'avais rien compris, vivement urios en edf
. de toute facon tu connais tres bien le probleme des doublons etc, de la coupe d'europe, auxquelles oyo n'etait pas expose ,pas plus que le SF.
Qu'il yen ai des moins bon, que certains se plantent, cela fait de lui le meilleur. Si tu juges sur le coaching, d'autres ont fait mieux, c'est tout, et je vois pas pourquoi ca fait enrager que jss pas daccord.
T'es tt vener pour rien.

Last edited:
Ca y est t'as capté ?

lol oui oui merci, j'avais rien compris, vivement urios en edf
. de toute facon tu connais tres bien le probleme des doublons etc, de la coupe d'europe, auxquelles oyo n'etait pas expose ,pas plus que le SF.
Qu'il yen ai des moins bon, que certains ce plantent, cela fait de lui le meilleur. Si tu juges sur le coaching, d'autres ont fait mieux, c'est tout, et je vois pas pourquoi ca fait enrager que jss pas daccord.
T'es tt vener pour rien.

Mate, this is an English forum so can we keep it in English...............BUT if you want to start a French thread, please feel free!! Somehow, not sure you, in particular, would get many people to join you on it!!

Last edited: