• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Super Rugby] Predictions

What are people's thoughts on how things are tracking now that we're half way through the season?

The Australian conference is obviously a straight shoot out between the Waratahs and the Brumbies for first place (and therefore a place in the top three). Both teams have pretty easy trips to Africa (Cheetahs and Lions for the Waratahs, Lions and Stormers for the Brumbies) while the Waratahs have slightly easier opposition left to play overall.

I just want to interject here and say I'd but a bit of money on the Brumbies losing both of those!

Also, I want to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back. I've been less than useless attempting to predict the other two conferences but would say I've been spot on with my pre-season prediction on the SA conference;

Bulls - I believe the Bulls to be a more dangerous team than the Sharks and a team more likely to pick up bonus points
Yes but lets not get carried away yet. They have to date almost exclusively played at Loftus.

Agreed. The less said the better...

Stormers - All fit we might take the SA conference. I am saying we'll continue with 1/3 of our squad out on a continued basis.
True (as true as it can be at this stage) and true.

Lions - I think people will continue to be surprised by the Lions; IMO they have built on 2014 in the off season and have added a few quality players even if they'll be unknown outside SA all while retaining their players from 2014.
Good call, Stormer.

And the Cheetahs aren't in the picture.

I don't get why there are so much praise all of a sudden for the Stormers. They win against the Tahs, and all of a sudden they are being touted to be 2nd on the overall log. They still have to play the Bulls, Lions and Brumbies, and twice against the Cheetahs, a team that always performs better against other SA teams.

We won against the 'Tahs away from home- the current champs.

We should've* won against the 'Canes away from home- the current leaders.

We should've* won against the Chiefs- the current (~last 5 five years) SR yard stick.

We won against the rest.

Particularly we won against the Bulls AWAY FROM HOME- our main rivals for the SA top spot.

We have essentially come out of our tour and faced our most difficult opponents.

Our main rivls have yet to leave Loftus.. kinda.

We are gaining shape in attack.

We are/will be getting quality reinforcements in and have rested our contracted players.

Last edited:

Latest posts