• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Super Rugby Team Jersey's

What's with the Bulls and Lions going for similar coloring that isn't based on anything previous in their away jerseys? At least the Lions one somewhat makes sense if you consider they have the Jo'Burg skyline as their major feature and the away jersey can be seen as a night time skyline smog and all.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the Stormers will step away from clean hoops but not back to the jagged hoops. I'm going to say we will have 'wavy' hoops unless the Coca Cola company puts a stop to it claiming it as an infringement on their 'dynamic ribbon' trademark. Yes, if we don't see a 'wavy' hoop from the Stormers its because of Coke. Clearly I am bored. Can we have some rugby now?

What's with the Bulls and Lions going for similar coloring that isn't based on anything previous in their away jerseys? At least the Lions one somewhat makes sense if you consider they have the Jo'Burg skyline as their major feature and the away jersey can be seen as a night time skyline smog and all.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the Stormers will step away from clean hoops but not back to the jagged hoops. I'm going to say we will have 'wavy' hoops unless the Coca Cola company puts a stop to it claiming it as an infringement on their 'dynamic ribbon' trademark. Yes, if we don't see a 'wavy' hoop from the Stormers its because of Coke. Clearly I am bored. Can we have some rugby now?

I don't think it's so much the franchise, as it is the brand and their designer on the jerseys. Seems like there is a focus on something that is of signifgance to the teams. The Joburg Skyline and the Bull on the jersey.

My guess is that the Stormers are going to have another lightening design, or maybe even Table Mountain/Helen Zille/Robben Island on their jersey...

I'm hoping for a fantastic looking Hurricanes jersey. I like the Bulls' away jersey, the Chiefs jersey has A LOT going on... Would have to see it live.. Crusaders jersey looks nice, I've never liked their chainmail stuff. The Brumbies jersey... looks... like the Storm/Cowboys jerseys from NRL, kinda.

Well sure but those designs are made by companies the franchizes chose and needs a signing off from the franchizes.

Please no shenanigans on the Stormers jersey! And we need a new sponsor! DHL's red and yellow block on the Stormers' white and blue has meant I havn't bought a jersey in ages.

Aussies need to get more creative. NZ has 2 teams in blue, SA 2 as well which is already pushing it but the Aussies chipping in with a whopping 4 teams in blue out of 5 is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Stormers 2016 home.jpg
Stormers 2016 home kit. Biggest image I could find online. Looks like they went back to the hoops style of WP a bit more this year.

View attachment 4094
Stormers 2016 home kit. Biggest image I could find online. Looks like they went back to the hoops style of WP a bit more this year.

Home Kit:
203b612cbafd48ac9bec11589f12bfaf.gif

Away Kit:
02c6b6a19f194ccd954953b5e8f8fefd.gif

The away kit looks to me very Crusaders-like...

... won't be buying a Stormers jersey this year then either.

lol! My brother is getting the short end of the stick on our friends group on whatsapp about the Stormers jersey. People mocking him saying it's so unoriginal. It look more like the Saracens or Wales jerseys...

Well, originality is overrated. Rather refine and develop than try to reinvent the wheel or be differetn every time. I much prefer a sense of refinement and over newness for novelties' sake.

Our away kit looks more like a Crusaders kit then the actual Crusaders jersey in my view...

Yeah, probably a strategy to cause confusion so that our players can enter their stadium without getting spat upon by Cape Crusaders supporters. I doubt those fans would be able to distinguish most of the players in any case so it just might work.

I say use the traditional jersey and just smack a super rugby logo on it.

CNZ4r_9W8AAHP45.jpg
I think that both the Crusaders home and Stormers away resemble our jersey quite a lot, especially the Crusaders as there red fades as it goes up the shirt. Both have red shorts aswell. Good to know we are the trend setters of world rugby ;)

View attachment 4095
I think that both the Crusaders home and Stormers away resemble our jersey quite a lot, especially the Crusaders as there red fades as it goes up the shirt. Both have red shorts aswell. Good to know we are the trend setters of world rugby ;)

Well of the three the Saracens jersey certainly has the most 'polish' so fair enough comments.

The NZ jerseys for next season

I like the Hurricanes jersey, all NZ jerseys should be like it

Attachments

• 1449150726380.jpg
    1449150726380.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited: