• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] SF1: Crusaders vs. Chiefs (29/07/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

yNiq3rv.png
vjKuIU4.gif

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

With Cane, Retallick and Leitch does this Chief pack have more ability to stand up to the Crusaders than the Highlanders?

I'm not convinced the Crusaders found their mojo again. They had complete possession and territorial dominance against the Highlanders and simply did the basics well. If weather conditions are better they will have to do more than that to beat the Chiefs.

With Cane, Retallick and Leitch does this Chief pack have more ability to stand up to the Crusaders than the Highlanders?

I'm not convinced the Crusaders found their mojo again. They had complete possession and territorial dominance against the Highlanders and simply did the basics well. If weather conditions are better they will have to do more than that to beat the Chiefs.

Speaking of the weather. Can we expect similar wet conditions as last week? I know it was a torrential downpour, but has it cleared up since then?

Chiefs to take this one and give the Canes a home final :)

also payback as the chiefs lost all their games vs the saders this year...

canes to beat chiefs in the final as they lost all their games to chiefs this year

it all pans out nicely...

i hope the canes doesn't lose - then the final will be in jhb

... and simply did the basics well.
this is the key. doing the basics well.
saders are so versatile. they can run the ball or when they need to they can strangle the game. 2 extreme gameplans imo makes them nigh unstoppable.
as a canes supporter would like the chiefs to win
as a rugby supporter i'd love to see saders show how to completely control a game again. masterclass

chiefs underdogs due to travel and home advantage, I dont think there is much between the sides otherwise.

The travel kills the Chiefs and the Saders are full strength now too. As much as I want the Chiefs win (Canes home final), reckon the Saders get this one. So long as I can get tickets and the Canes win, I'll fly down to Christchurch for the final.

Both teams have been named, and both teams are at full strength!

Not a bad Chief squad on paper, good to see Ngatai back but still reckon that travel is gonna kill them. Will be backing the Chiefs regardless for the Canes home final.

Quiet on here today!

Cruden and Lowe just had a nightmare due to pressure from the Crusaders and a weird knock back gives Dagg a run in and its 15-6. Conditions and defences dictating this game.

This is a great game but third try from Saders is probably the game.

Biggest change in the game was the disallowed try for the Chiefs.

Stadium looks half empty though.

Chiefs have had plenty of time with ball in attack but just can't break the defence down. They are getting frustrated and making stupid offloads etc. Can't see a way back for the Chiefs here.

Great game, enjoyed it a lot. Chiefs threw everything, including the sink at the crusaders but that wasn't even enough. I was going to say the chief's weren't as clinical as they usually are but that was probably due to the Crusader's pressure.

Ruthless from the Crusaders against a Chief side whose pack actually fronted up well, but not enough to get much quick ball. Hats off to their coach, he's completely got them out of their minor dip in form at the end of the regular season and they'll be favourites in the final wherever it is played.

The end of an era for the Chiefs. I don't think they quite capitalised on the potential they showed last year.

Great game imo, very high tempo. The Chiefs threw everything at them and all the Saders tries seemed against the run of play, but you've gotta give them credit for being so clinical. I thought the Chiefs were hard done by with that disallowed try and then again at the end of the 1st half when they were attacking the line and Jackson wrongly called a knock on... could've made a difference to the outcome, but **** happens. With the territorial and possession dominance that the Chiefs had they should've been more clinical and scored more points, so only themselves to blame. The Crusaders defence is brilliant.

Bring on a replay of the 06 fog final!

Latest posts