• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 1: Australia v New Zealand (18/08/2018)

kepu is a constant cheat. in goodhues try kepu was clearly holding him back without the ball. luckily goodhure was still able to accelerate away from kepu's grasp and be on hand for the final pass.
gosh kepu, if u gonna cheat at least try and be effective. cheating and still not able to stop a try is totally losing.

He's also a cheap shot artist... remember the RWC final?

i wish charlieNgatai was eligible. he'd be the perfect counter punch to losing crotty. combined with ALB, SBW, laupmape or Goodhue charlie would really unleash the ABs backline i reckon.

Another centre with concussion issues? Both Crotty and Ngatai will be lucky to carry on their careers. Crotty should consider his future after what his 6th concussion in 15 months? In Charlie's case he's leaving NZ and taking the dough to look after his family and future; can't blame him really, it's a short career.

Last edited:
Rob Thompson would be a like for like replacement and he's in good form.....

You can actually milk a penalty by just hoping up and ending up with your legs in the air.

It is possible...
His real mistake was putting his arm out. If he just took one for the team and broke his neck it would have been a red.

We still would've lost though...

i agree. to me it looks like folau jumps. he's solid on one leg and then that leg is suddenly parallel to the ground with his other leg.
i'd still say a yellow but did folau try and draw a penalty? dangerous precedent but shows a lot of skill on folaus part.
Jesus you actually think this?

He's also a cheap shot artist... remember the RWC final?
And? the All Blacks have plenty of similar players. How about SBWs shoulder charge against the Lions or Moody's elbow to the throat of Beale.

Why bother singling players out when half the boys on the pitch are thugs.

Why not focus on the admirable display of sportsmanship from Pocock for example?

Last edited:
Yeah I think it's very possible. Nowadays you get a penalty for your team, you're bound to get a high five from your team mates. Players would do anything to get a penalty as its a small personal victory for themselves and a major contribution towards their teams endeavours.

Players also know that spear tackles will get them red carded and could cost their team the game so they know not to do that.

Man, you win 98% of matches with consummate ease and yet you still feel the need to cook up crackpot conspiracies about how your opposition somehow faked a tip tackle to get some kind of advantage and denigrate your opposition for being thugs despite being rife with thugs yourself, and the most conspicuous display of sportsmanship coming from the other team.

Something wrong with ya buddy.

im questioning and putting it out there. i dont really believe this because who would do this to themselves? but look closely at the footage and naholo doest hook his plant leg yet it changes to parallel with the ground very quickly.

Man, you win 98% of matches with consummate ease and yet you still feel the need to cook up crackpot conspiracies about how your opposition somehow faked a tip tackle to get some kind of advantage and denigrate your opposition for being thugs despite being rife with thugs yourself, and the most conspicuous display of sportsmanship coming from the other team.

I'm just saying it's possible.

It's not good sportsmanship but it's effective and I applaud it because he got the penalty. If that was actually what Folau was doing. If we are rife thugs like you say, then we would be right in saying Folau milked it because as they say - it takes one to know one ;)

to be fair, the 2 thugs u mention, SBW and Moody arent repeat offenders and have a higher level of honour than kepu does. kepu does something off the ball every game ive seen him play.
SBW and Moody had brain farts but havent offended again since.
and we're not denigrating all of the WBs just kepu. and only because we're pretty sick of his s**t

to be fair, the 2 thugs u mention, SBW and Moody arent repeat offenders and have a higher level of honour than kepu does. kepu does something off the ball every game ive seen him play.
and we're not denigrating all of the WBs just kepu. and only because we're pretty sick of his s**t
SBW is certainly a repeat offender. But eh, i can't be bothered to argue the point because what are we even arguing about? there is so little of interest left in these games, look at the garbage we are talking about...

From time to time, the Wallabies seem to come up with players with the level of annoyance that no other teams ratbags can match. Punks like Kepu and Hooper.

Or is it because you can't think of any other dirty plays he's done lol. Come on admit it lol.
Didn't he do another shoulder charge a couple of games later for his provincial side? haha i dunno man. Alright i'll pick on another player. Naholo; double head high tackle in for the Highlanders on Kepu that cost them the match, tip tackle in his next match on Folau?

Or what about some classic players like Brad Thorne, legendary thug? i mean this is fucken rugby not tiddlywinks.

Or what about some classic players like Brad Thorne, legendary thug? i mean this is fucken rugby not tiddlywinks.
thorne def was an enforcer but he was never dirty
i remember when he dropped smit from a height but smit asked for that. who the hell pushes thornes face into the turf and not expect something in return?

thorne def was an enforcer but he was never dirty
i remember when he dropped smit from a height but smit asked for that. who the hell pushes thornes face into the turf and not expect something in return?
You get my point anyway. We have to lose every match but expecting us to do so nicely is too much.

Didn't he do another shoulder charge a couple of games later for his provincial side? haha i dunno man. Alright i'll pick on another player. Naholo; double head high tackle in for the Highlanders on Kepu that cost them the match, tip tackle in his next match on Folau?

ok, i had "liked' a couple of your posts because you were talking some sense....but Brad Thorne is and was a legend and is one of the few players that perfectly twalked the line between enforcer and thug.

You get my point anyway. We have to lose every match but expecting us to do so nicely is too much.
i do get your point derpus. not being a sore winner. just not a kepu fan

Latest posts