• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] The Final: 4 August 2018

Last pro 12 season leinster lost to the cheetahs.
Just saying.

The Leinster team from that day:

LEINSTER: Joey Carbery; Dave Kearney, Noel Reid, Isa Nacewa (capt), Barry Daly; Ross Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park; Cian Healy, James Tracy, Michael Bent, Ross Molony, Mick Kearney, Jordi Murphy, Josh van der Flier, Jack Conan.

Only three of those players started the champions cup final. (Healy, Nacewa and Murphy.) Conan, Tracy and Gibson-Park came off the bench and Carbery was an unused sub. It's hard to see why this game at altitude on a tour that was an off field disaster is in anyway relevant to this, to be honest.

Last pro 12 season leinster lost to the cheetahs.
Just saying.

Yeah but it means sod all. I was just saying would like to see it. No different to the AFC and NFC to decide the Super Bowl. Now fitting it into the calendar is another matter.

Touched a nerve apparently.
Instead of speculating what you think i'll ask you 3 a straight question. How do you think that game would go?

Instead of speculating what you think i'll ask you 3 a straight question. How do you think that game would go?

What makes you think you touched a nerve? Your point was daft, people have explained why, QED.

I'm going to say that the home team wins.

Don't know, that why I would like to see it played; it also depends where it's held. Neutral venue.

Let me ask you a question what's the different question what's the difference between the proposed SR champs v Heineken cup champs and the CL winners playing the winners of the South American club winners?

Already answered that earlier in the thread. I said I wouldn't be confident, but we'd hav e a shot. Not sure what the Cheetahs game has to do with it though.

Not sure what the Cheetahs game has to do with it though.
Cheetahs and the kings are the only two teams that crossed over, so benchmarking their performances in both competitions, though far from perfect, should be a reasonable indication of how both competitions measure against each other in terms of competitiveness.

Again, poor indicator, but the best we've got.

What a bizarre comment.
An odd form of a strawman fallacy, too.

I don't believe i am to be honest. Someone proposed the hypothetical game, i believe the result for that game would be obvious and one-sided, gave a bad example, admitted it was a bad example, and then replied to some questions i was asked.

Impressive win from the Crusaders. Would love to see the top European teams against their SR counterparts.

Could this be the way forward for the game

Crusaders v Leinster would be an interesting one. I would side with the Crusaders though, the higher echelons of super rugby are a notch up from the champions cup. would like to see it happen. I think it would be great for rugby union. only problem would be trying to fit it into the calendar. would also need to be played at a neutral ground I think.

Im confident enough to say the Crusaders would put 40 on Leinster. In fact I think Leinster's best chance would be against the blues the weakest team from the NZ division and even still I have the Blues winning by 12 - 20+

I reckon 2018/18 Leinster could take the Crusaders as slight underdogs depending on the venue, they have a pack to match them which is more than can be said about the rest of super rugby. This seasons squad I'm not so sure, Isa and Jordi Murphy are big losses.

I definitely think Leinster win super rugby if the squad was placed in Christchurch in place of the Crusaders.

wow . i was pretty bored tbh. saders did everything i expected of them and it was so predictable. poor lions and groundhog day. lions just came up against a superior side... which can be said of all superTeams .

I reckon 2018/18 Leinster could take the Crusaders as slight underdogs depending on the venue, they have a pack to match them which is more than can be said about the rest of super rugby. This seasons squad I'm not so sure, Isa and Jordi Murphy are big losses.

I definitely think Leinster win super rugby if the squad was placed in Christchurch in place of the Crusaders.

No super rugby side in NZ would sign Isa, he wouldn't even make a wider training squad. Isa could not make the cut in NZ so he signed to play in Europe and all these years later he still is a star for you. If he is one of your stars then talk about a crusaders vs Leinster match is as likely for Leinster as talk of a All Blacks vs Romania 2019 world cup Final.

No super rugby side in NZ would sign Isa, he wouldn't even make a wider training squad. Isa could not make the cut in NZ so he signed to play in Europe and all these years later he still is a star for you. If he is one of your stars then talk about a crusaders vs Leinster match is as likely for Leinster as talk of a All Blacks vs Romania 2019 world cup Final.
Isa left for dough bro. He'd have been an All Black legend but for 2 minutes in a Fijian shirt.

Isa left for dough bro. He'd have been an All Black legend but for 2 minutes in a Fijian shirt.

No way! the Isa I watched and dare I say most kiwis watched was a stock standard winger in NZ, what you expect at provincial - and a a fill in at super level. Decent at finishing, electric speed but wasnt a Ben Smith or a Julian Savea/ Reiko Ioane. If the AB's really wanted to keep Isa they would of, just like Charlie Piatau. Guy was a good player in NZ, fringe All Black at time of leaving and goes on to become a legend in Europe.

NO way at all Isa was going to become an AB's star yet alone a legend, I personally think Isa would not even get selected for the AB's, he was never ever talked about even being in the frame for selcetion. Pretty much any kiwi who watches rugby in NZ knows this much to be true.

Last edited:

Latest posts