• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 1: Argentina v New Zealand (20/07/2019)

justanargie

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

Argentina

Quite dissapointing not to see ISA, at least as impact player in the bench. However, strong team, A instead of A+ imho.

I believe ABs are going to play their expansive game, not the NH or knock out stage game we saw in the QF against Chiefs or the Crusaders one.

argie

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

Jaguares

Surely Facundo Isa, Ramiro Herrera and Santiago Cordero will be named to face the Wallabies in Round 2.
And Benjamín Urdapilleta will be returning from his injury for Round 3 against the Springboks.

Larksea

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

It’s not about size, it’s about strength. Ardie was successful at 8 last year. Better than read for instance. You need to take a cold shower re Ardie :p.

I kinda would have liked to have seen Jacobson start too. I think we want to make sure we win this one though, a tough one for a rusty team.

no its not about size, its about getting balance in your loose forwards. we see it with the pooper experiment, aussies play pockcok and hooper together because they are two of their best players and they at times lack a genuine world class 6 or 8 but in doing so they sacrifice having a balanced back row and will lack height and size against opposition packs. In NZ We have world class 6 and 8 options. 8 is a very important lineout option for NZ. As I said, it will work fine for most tests and test series but in WC finals It's a really bad idea, the only posative I can see is if Read is injured in a WC finals game and Savea has to come off the bench. It will be good that he has some experience. But I dont think he should be seen as a genuine test 8, he just isn't.

Just_BeeHive

Academy Player
Reaction score
Rumour has it Argentina aren't even going to field a team - no point. ABs by 500pts with opposition, 490pts in Pumas do show.

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

Those collars on the Argentina shirts look very uncomfortable.

FNS

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Ugly match so far. Why we put almost all jaguares that are tired for this is beyond me.

c'mon Men! Sanchez is out of form bah not form but i saw already 2/3 mistakes

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

Match is over at half time really :(

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

That try is basically the end of the game, ABs always finish strongly - giving them a lead like that is too much to overcome.

chris walker

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Wales

I’m sorry but anyone who actually thought Argentina would win clearly doesn’t know the depth on NZ rugby, no such thing as a B side anyone is able to step in and do a job on the day

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

I’m sorry but anyone who actually thought Argentina would win clearly doesn’t know the depth on NZ rugby, no such thing as a B side anyone is able to step in and do a job on the day
That plus Argentina just aren't that good
I was very surprised to see the bookies have NZ as close as -12

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

Never thought Arg would win in all honesty... but was crossing my fingers something chronic that they would make it to half time just one point down.

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

... and ‘maybe’ (prob not but maybe) I spoke too soon. Go on Arg!

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

I really want Argentina to win this one.

Jockstap

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score

I was thinking more along the lines of cohesiveness, this Pumas team have been playing together all season, has this ABS team played together before?

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Well, Coltman hasn't done his chances any good of being the third hooker with those two missed throws.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.