• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 1: Argentina v New Zealand (20/07/2019)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

All blacks can't hang on to an offload to save their lives tonight, so many chances gone begging

FNS

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Both teams lost several chances to score because of handling errors. Im upset.

ahh ffs!

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

What an anticlimax

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Fair play, closer than I thought it would be

rugbeian_usa

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Glasgow

Oh my...the Pumas had chance(s) to win that match and I was really hoping they would.

Last edited:

scotty507

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Exeter

Fair play Argies! If they had won i dont actually think anyone would have complained.

Definatly huge improvement from when they lost twice to England's 2nd team during the Lion's.

Is there any missing or is that their full firdt choice 23? I know the final wasnt too long ago.

Christian10

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

Annecy

Fair play Argies! If they had won i dont actually think anyone would have complained.

Definatly huge improvement from when they lost twice to England's 2nd team during the Lion's.

Is there any missing or is that their full firdt choice 23? I know the final wasnt too long ago.
Sorry but are you talking about argentinan missing players? Sorry my bad english.

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

CASI

Interesting to see the comments after the first half in perspective.

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

I don’t really follow Argentinian rugby too closely but it seems like the general consensus was that some players, particularly northern hemisphere based ones (Isa, Cordero etc.) were rested. Honestly though, I doubt they’d have made a huge difference.

scotty507

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Exeter

I don’t really follow Argentinian rugby too closely but it seems like the general consensus was that some players, particularly northern hemisphere based ones (Isa, Cordero etc.) were rested. Honestly though, I doubt they’d have made a huge difference.
Seeing what cordero has done all season for chiefs and what we lost when he was injured was easily noticeable. And he could have made the difference quite easily.

But my main question was who was missing/rested today? Or was this full strength?

AnthonyW

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Taranaki

Tough grind for the AB's. Great work by Argentina to battle it out and build their performances leading into the RWC. I think they could shock the world this year with some big upsets. I realise that the AB's are working their rotation in preparation for their cup campaign and wouldn't mind losing in the rugby championship in order to fine tune their players and select the form XV. We witnessed how close it is without the best lineup so we will need our absolute best side - playing to potential to beat the big teams. It's going to be a huge cup.

Horacito

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

well, that went as expected. That being said, some things were really positive, one of them how many lines did we steal? crazy. The other how much our scrum has improved with Figallo, by far the most important asset we can summon from urope.
Apart from that, I felt the AB's were more... less... well, less than usual. Maybe they had a bad game, but they look defeatable. Other teams from the tier 1 must be looking at this match with some sort of hope.
Ok, so first step towards WC completed.

Thanks to the NZ team, I went to see em in Bs As and they look/ are as cool, approachable and polite as always.

fair result overall

smartcooky

Referee Coach and Advisor
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Tasman

The was one tough grind. I think is fair to say that we barely held on to win that, not many sides have kept the All Blacks scoreless in the second half..

I think we got away with one there...

Kiwiwomble

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

real positives to take away from that for the Argies, kept us scoreless in the second half and kept within touch. some would say we were full strength but i saw a team of guys wanting to prove them selves get largely contained, no brodie intercept and that a different result, some upsets might be coming from this team come world cup time

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.