• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 1: Argentina v New Zealand (20/07/2019)

Both teams lost several chances to score because of handling errors. Im upset.

ahh ffs!

Oh my...the Pumas had chance(s) to win that match and I was really hoping they would.

Last edited:
Fair play Argies! If they had won i dont actually think anyone would have complained.

Definatly huge improvement from when they lost twice to England's 2nd team during the Lion's.

Is there any missing or is that their full firdt choice 23? I know the final wasnt too long ago.

Fair play Argies! If they had won i dont actually think anyone would have complained.

Definatly huge improvement from when they lost twice to England's 2nd team during the Lion's.

Is there any missing or is that their full firdt choice 23? I know the final wasnt too long ago.
Sorry but are you talking about argentinan missing players? Sorry my bad english.

Interesting to see the comments after the first half in perspective.

I don't really follow Argentinian rugby too closely but it seems like the general consensus was that some players, particularly northern hemisphere based ones (Isa, Cordero etc.) were rested. Honestly though, I doubt they'd have made a huge difference.

I don't really follow Argentinian rugby too closely but it seems like the general consensus was that some players, particularly northern hemisphere based ones (Isa, Cordero etc.) were rested. Honestly though, I doubt they'd have made a huge difference.
Seeing what cordero has done all season for chiefs and what we lost when he was injured was easily noticeable. And he could have made the difference quite easily.

But my main question was who was missing/rested today? Or was this full strength?

Tough grind for the AB's. Great work by Argentina to battle it out and build their performances leading into the RWC. I think they could shock the world this year with some big upsets. I realise that the AB's are working their rotation in preparation for their cup campaign and wouldn't mind losing in the rugby championship in order to fine tune their players and select the form XV. We witnessed how close it is without the best lineup so we will need our absolute best side - playing to potential to beat the big teams. It's going to be a huge cup.

well, that went as expected. That being said, some things were really positive, one of them how many lines did we steal? crazy. The other how much our scrum has improved with Figallo, by far the most important asset we can summon from urope.
Apart from that, I felt the AB's were more... less... well, less than usual. Maybe they had a bad game, but they look defeatable. Other teams from the tier 1 must be looking at this match with some sort of hope.
Ok, so first step towards WC completed.

Thanks to the NZ team, I went to see em in Bs As and they look/ are as cool, approachable and polite as always.

fair result overall

The was one tough grind. I think is fair to say that we barely held on to win that, not many sides have kept the All Blacks scoreless in the second half..

I think we got away with one there...

real positives to take away from that for the Argies, kept us scoreless in the second half and kept within touch. some would say we were full strength but i saw a team of guys wanting to prove them selves get largely contained, no brodie intercept and that a different result, some upsets might be coming from this team come world cup time

Latest posts