• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2019 RWC final stadium

psychic duck

International
Is to start construction now. 80,000 capacity. Do you like it?

Very modern stadium, but facing criticism for being too extravagant in Japan. For those who dislike tracks at stadiums, they haven't made the London 2012 mistake and appear to have it retractable.

10082848_0909_Zaha_Stadium_tcm20-2011891.jpg
1483186445_0909_Zaha_Stadium_02_tcm20-2011892.jpg
262903704_0909_Zaha_Stadium_03_tcm20-2011893.jpg

[video=vimeo;64632869]http://vimeo.com/64632869[/video]

The London Olympic stadium will have retractable seating in it's re-configured state.

Zaha Hadid gets a lot of stick, but I really like her uber-futuristic designs.

Last edited:
That's what she sa- ah it's too easy.
Seriously slick looking stadium that, but I don't know if it's rugby suited.

But won't they die from radiation poisoning?

Under the current situation, Tokyo's new stadium is not dangerous. However, some of the venues in the northeast Japan are in the clearly dangerous area.
I appeal to the international Rugby community: the 2019 World Cup in Japan must be cancelled! Money for the 2019 World Cup and 2020 Olympics must be used for the victims of radiation poisoning! Having a World Cup in Japan is against the sport spirit!

Looks really nice from the concept art of the inside, still undecided on the outside of it!

Will this be the first purpose build RWC Stadium (well main one anyway) since the Millennium Stadium and Wales '99? Came across an old magazine with concept art from before they knocked down the old National Stadium, Millennium actually turned out a fair bit different so wonder if it'll be the same with this one?

Looks really nice from the concept art of the inside, still undecided on the outside of it!

Will this be the first purpose build RWC Stadium (well main one anyway) since the Millennium Stadium and Wales '99? Came across an old magazine with concept art from before they knocked down the old National Stadium, Millennium actually turned out a fair bit different so wonder if it'll be the same with this one?

Nah it will be a multi purpose stadium. The current ground is used primarily by the Japanese football team (and Yokohama stadium)...the above images are of the rebuilt stadium hosting the football team...however there will be a running track as it will host the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Looking at the images it would appear the track will be covered for other sports.

Apparently this new stadium will cost a fortune. It wouldnt be cost effective to build such a stadium for a RWC as the entire tournament itself doesn't generate that much. Let's say this stadium costs £800 to 900 million, the RWC generates about a sixth of that.

Last edited:
The London Olympic stadium will have retractable seating in it's re-configured state.

Zaha Hadid gets a lot of stick, but I really like her uber-futuristic designs.

Looks like sometihng out of a sci-fi movie

Looks nice.
But I still prefer older, traditional stadiums.

wow, the Japanese are srsly fukng crazy...
Also: all this, to see your team lose in the pools, dang...

wow, the Japanese are srsly fukng crazy...
Also: all this, to see your team lose in the pools, dang...

It's being made for the Olympics primarily.

I look forward to it being broadcast in 4k UHD!*

*Fingers crossed.

Latest posts