• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Round 15 (24 & 25 May 2019)

Horacito, I give you 9 out of 10 for this post. If your command of the English language was better I think I would even give you a 10.

(no insult intended, I'm just kidding...... but not about the 10!)
Got to admit the fact that my writing here has been consistently worse since I first started. Two reasons: I have to put some effort on a daily basis to write academical texts (tonight about tractatus and judith butler's performative gender goddamit) which drains me up to perform here. Also, I've been whatching a lot of sopranos lately and that destroys any english I could possibly have: walt whitman ova hea tryin' to explain himself like a goddam goomba housewif. I don't think or correct my posts which means that I translate a lot of my spanish language directly into english, which ends up in funny mexicano-english like phrases and some honestly fortunate creations such as pumaguares, which I will use from now on and take this opportunity to copywright ipso facto.
All kidding aside, I take this aussy thing as a good sign: we are now a threat. That means they cannot patronise us or look at us all condescending and stuff, which probably means we have a chance of being 3rd this year and not be defeated again in the consolation final.
But like all the other argentinians here I am pessimistic: I think we're going to be drained both psicologically and phisically by the end of the year and that's gonna kill us or underperform in the way only we know how to do it.

Cheers pal

I hope to see a second side from Argentina join SupeRugby within the next 5 to 10 years.

Last edited:
I hope to see a second side from Argentina join SupeRugby within the next 5 to 10 years.

doubtful. The reason being that we are from next year reverting back to the 14 team round robin tournament with the Sunwolves falling away. Which was when Super Rugby was at its best.

If it ever happens that Argentina gets a second team, it would mean one of the other nations have to lose one, which I can't see happening, or they will have to change the model again, which has proven that it doesn't work.

You can't talk about whinging Australian rugby pundits without the topic of their ill-will towards South Africans in Super Rugby coming up. Their whole schtick on the Jaguares comes from a place of wishing that only New Zealand and Australia was involved.

The NZ Rugby (then the NZRFU) went out on a limb to save Australian rugby once before. I have no desire to see them risk doing it again.

I'd probably lose interest in SupeRugby if the South African teams weren't involved. I enjoy watching the Bulls, Lions, Sharks and Stormers play.

Last edited:

Latest posts