• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2020 Tri-Nations - Australia v Argentina (Round 4) - 21/11/2020

That was a poor game of rugby. Argentina were just cheap-shot merchants all game and the Wallabies were also petulant and retaliated. Very little good rugby was played. Very disappointing fayre. Both teams were gifted the chance to win a trophy and they've handed it to the All Blacks on a plate. I don't see the Pumas coming within 25 points of NZ next week. I think it will be a similar result to Bledisloe 3 in Sydney. The ABs will get a bonus point and put it out of reach.
I thought the wallabies did a lot of the instigating.

Taniela Tupou was probably lucky to avoid the sin-bin in the first half. He was involved in a lot of the incidents.
He reminds me of Sinkler a bit. He was so dominant but he was getting so arced up. Then he gets rightly pulled for losing his rag. He had their scrum on skates and was bending the line and making metres. Big hits in defence. Just needs to mature.

Actually - with retrospect, the whole team needs a bit of maturity. You could see they lacked the composure to turn first half dominance into points. Hopefully they can grow a little. Still, what a shame to throw away the RC like that.

Argies defended well and got under our skin with the ****le and cheapshots, but **** me did they do anything in attack? i dont recall them ever getting into our 22. If the Wallabies cant learn how to overcome what was effectively a training drill against a set defence they are never going to improve.

I thought the wallabies did a lot of the instigating.
When Tupou reacted to Sanchez and started the hug fest, if you watch it again you'll realize Sanchez kicked at the ball and kicked both his number 5 in the head and Tongan Thor in the eye.
BPA simply didn't hear the whistle, either way it was a little bit dirty from him. Then the number 5 from Argentina pulled his hair lmao.

AB s need to dictate the game.
Puma's are similar to Boks. Puma's arent a team that are good at scoring tries. apply scoreboard pressure and the pumas will be chasing the game. get the lead early and hold onto it.
dont get into the penalty shoot out, that plays into Pumas game plan.
have to introduce an offloading game. get behind the Pumas D line and offload some passes. contest everything at the rucks. turnovers is when defence is most vulnerable.

Taniela Tupou was probably lucky to avoid the sin-bin in the first half. He was involved in a lot of the incidents.
And the Argentinians were lucky not to have players carded. They instigated most of the incidents

And the Argentinians were lucky not to have players carded. They instigated most of the incidents
i think you may have agree to disagree

I think the aussie started lots of stuff, the argies over reacted a few times

I think if you view the game in isolation it might be difficult to tell exactly who incites all the incidents. But consider the broader patterns. The Argies are notorious windup merchants and the Wallabies notoriously easy to wind up.

Tupou is being mercilessly targeted in this way. Must be tough being the biggest bloke in the world, never having to deal with being ****** with until now.

I mean, who would mess with that bloke in any situation that wasnt being filmed by 20 odd cameras?

Sanchez kicked Tupou in the head. I'd say he started that particular incident.
Matera is captain. He should be above pulling someone's hair.

Sanchez kicked Tupou in the head. I'd say he started that particular incident.
Matera is captain. He should be above pulling someone's hair.
personally i see those as overly simplistic views of each case

Sanchez was kicking at the ball and got tupou, Tupou is then the one that give him a shove/punch

and Matera was grabbing Paenga-Amosa to pull him out of a scuffle, he got just as much jersey as hair, in that split second i dont think there was a lot of though into what he was grabbing.

none of that is good stuff but hardly one way

Sanchez was kicking at the ball and got tupou, Tupou is then the one that give him a shove/punch

and Matera was grabbing Paenga-Amosa to pull him out of a scuffle, he got just as much jersey as hair, in that split second i dont think there was a lot of though into what he was grabbing.

I didn't say it was one way. But I'm not buying into your story that the aussies started everything.

Pretty sure if I got kicked in the eye I'd do the same.

@Woldog and that would be fair enough, just isn;t really a good example of the argies instigating ****le

@Woldog and that would be fair enough, just isn;t really a good example of the argies instigating ****le

I believe there used to be rules about kicking the ball on the ground with players near it. Its times like this I wish we had Smartcookie to tell us the pointless rules no one remembers.

While Tupou is a great player, hes also a yellow/red card liability, similar to Daugunu. Obviously I love them both as they play for both my teams but...

dont know if its was a rule, think its kind of a "if you get the ball then all good but if you miss and get the player then you're in trouble", so he probably should have got at least penalised

Latest posts