• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2021 British & Irish Lions Squad

I'm sure his boot is still prodigious, but I'm not sure I'd trust his pace of ability under a high ball these days! :D If you mean Daly, this is a significant part of the reason he's going, with his versatility also being a selling point and the fact that he's known to Gatland. I think I'm on record here as saying that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him tour. In turn, if he performs reasonably, it wouldn't surprise me to see him shoehorned into the test team, particularly if Gatland decides to go for a 6/2 bench.
I'd put miney on him being on the bench in test 1. Anyone want to take me up on that?

Is the general consensus that, as it stands, LRZ shouldn't be starting and if so is it purely a defensive issue and/or lack of experience?

I try to watch most of Gloucester's games but I'd imagine most on here know him better than me but one thing I've noticed, and correct me if this is way off, but in the last half season or so I've really noticed his power. There's been a few incidents where he's won out big collisions. He's got to be a bit careful with that leading arm sometimes but he seems to be really adapting his power game recently which is good, obviously. We all know he's got the pace to go outside most players but it's great that he's not just relying on his speed.

I know that doesn't address any perceived weakness in his defensive game but I think he equipped himself pretty well in the 6N in that regard. I'm obviously super biased but he looks nailed on to be world class and I think if Gatland shows some balls and starts him he could, imo, cement that status after the tour.

He's not the best defensive winger in the game, but he's not the worst and he's got the pace to make up for his mistakes
I've no qualms him starting, my only real concern in the back 3 is Hoggs occasional flakiness - I'd want one of Watson/Williams on the wing to help share the fullback duties with him

Other wing (for me) is Adams vs LRZ, and I'd lean toward LRZ as he has more "X Factor" about him, though I'm not fussed either way

Wouldn't feel comfortable with Duhan starting on the wing, despite his good finishing rate

Hogg had a horrible time with the boot in one of his recent Exeter games. Yes he has had some great kicks, but at his level is shows a worrying lack of consistency that could hurt on tour.

Ironic conspiracy theory time.

Slade wasn't picked as he won't get the vaccine.

The guy's got type 1 diabetes as well. Even more reason for him to have it.

Still he's relying on being tested by Exeter 4 times a week and having the all clear.

Sale was 0-5 down before Manu came on....
Honestly there is no other player in the NH I'd be thinking about taking a punt on in terms of coming back from injury than Manu. If fit and fully ready to go he'd be my first name on the team sheet as he provides an X factor I'm unsure anyone else does in their position. Coupled with his ability to always comes back great un like other people.

But its not like the only thing wrong with this squad and I've given up caring beyond supporting the team on match day.

Yeah I'd have Tualagi in my 15 outside Henshaw. He'll be first in line if we pick up an injury in the center I'm sure.

Latest posts