• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2021 British & Irish Lions Squad

That video is pretty funny.

At the time Ball lands those 2 flush shots AWJ has half the squad holding him back and Ball has no one. Would've liked to see them properly go at it. Everyone likes to see 2 massive guys trying to knock each other out.

Balls version of events are quite amusing as he said it all come down to a maul being brought down by Rhys Carre but AWJ thought it was Ball. Ball said that when the verbals started Rhys Carre "melted" into the background. Lol.

Porter OUT
Sinckler rumoured to be called up

Interest in supporting Lions
Raising.
Thought you'd be all aboard the SA train with the call up of Jasper Wiese. I mean, the Lions haven't stooped so low as to call up a Leicester player so thought you'd be right there supporting Jasper on match day.

Thought you'd be all aboard the SA train with the call up of Jasper Wiese. I mean, the Lions haven't stooped so low as to call up a Leicester player so thought you'd be right there supporting Jasper on match day.

True.
But I like Sinckler.

He's a player who has been very vocal about his demons, and has really done well to manage them. I also thought his Match after missing out was a great way for showing how to really handle and channel emotions.

True.
But I like Sinckler.

He's a player who has been very vocal about his demons, and has really done well to manage them. I also thought his Match after missing out was a great way for showing how to really handle and channel emotions.
Completely agree. I like Sinker a lot. I think that number AWJ did on him a couple of years ago helped him out a lot as that was a bad day at the office for him but one he appeared to learn a lot from.

I would've picked him initially so glad it looks like he's going now.

Shame about Porter, I'm a big fan, but made up for Sinckler if the rumours are true
Should never have missed out on the initial squad tbh

I think that number AWJ did on him a couple of years ago helped him out a lot as that was a bad day at the office for him but one he appeared to learn a lot from.
Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

Yeah Sinckler should of been picked originally or at least with Marler be the one of the the only two English props in consideration.

Been confirmed by BBC.

Shame about Porter, I'm a big fan, but made up for Sinckler if the rumours are true

That may have been a bit tongue in cheek but he did seem to be a much more loose cannon 2019 and prior but since that game he's actually been a lot more level headed.

I think he's referenced that game himself as a learning curve for him.

This will make you chuckle.

"If I'm being honest, the Wales game taught me a lot. I let the team down, I let my country down. If we had won that game we would have been Grand Slam champions. I had to look within and just work on that side of my game. Rugby is my canvas. I've always expressed myself through it, like my outlet."

Laughing more at the idea of AWJ contributing positively to anything, tbh

Jake Ball will get called up by the Lions now because some of AWJs magic dust transferred over to him through the skin on his knuckles
So are you saying, in a nightmare game where AWJ was winding him up a treat, which resulted in him getting subbed off, had nothing to do with the person that was winding him up, and you're also saying Sinkler didn't learn from that even though he said he did?

Interesting take, I think your hatred of AWJ clouds your thinking to be honest.

I'd love to show any rugby fan who bangs on about "rugby values" and how rugby is so much better than football in terms of respect and tribalism this forum to prove to them your average rugby fan is as tribal as any football fan going.

I honestly don't know which game you're referring to, tbh
Sinckler was hot headed as a kid and slowly matured out - if he says whichever game that was was a turning point then cool, whatever
Saying that an incident with AWJ that happened 3(?) years ago started a butterfly effect to him being called up as a replacement for Porter is a bit weird and way more tribalistic than memeing about AWJ

I honestly don't know which game you're referring to, tbh
Sinckler was hot headed as a kid and slowly matured out - if he says whichever game that was was a turning point then cool, whatever
Saying that an incident with AWJ that happened 3(?) years ago started a butterfly effect to him being called up as a replacement for Porter is a bit weird
2019. And yes, Sinker has credited that experience as a big turning point for him.

You're strawmanning me now saying something I didn't with regards to the lions call up. I'm just saying he turned that negative experience into a positive and changed his behaviour on the pitch. I'm sure he has plenty of other motivations he uses but that game was clearly a bit of a wake up call for him.

So what are we at now. 12 Sais? Jeez. Gatlands pro Welsh bias is so sickening. I suppose it's not like England finished 5th or anything. Oh wait......

Rumour mill saying Biggar is pulling out of the Lions tour to sign a ridiculously lucrative contract with Toulouse
Same deal offered to Lawes as well
(Rumour mill being Fissler and WOL, so take with a very large pinch of salt)

Latest posts