• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Rugby Championship] Round 2 (Bledisloe 3) Australia v New Zealand (5/9/2021)

Thought that red card was absolute nonsense, there was no intent or malice from JB & he was off balance in the air too... obviously some of the laws need to be looked at & adjusted so the right decisions can be made, that all depends on the situation.
you realise intent and malice are specifically excluded from the rules and have no bearing on rulings? id say the vast majority of cards and penalties given, there is little or no intent, how many people have been given cards for tackling someone in the air when they really just never looked, watched the ball the whole time

Given the precedence im surprised how many people are surprised

One of my major concerns coming out of this match was the atrocious goal kicking. I actually shiver at the prospect of Mo'unga going down with a serious injury which would then see BB as the starting 10. If BB wants to consider himself as the starting 10 he really seriously needs to work on his goal kicking accuracy. Goal kicking can be the difference in tight important matches and just hate to think of what could happen come WC 2023 finals if we don't have accurate goal kickers outside of Mo'unga.

given the starting XV i actually would have thought Jordie might have kicked, i also would have thought DMac or Jordie would have been better the BB, Hell Havili can kick too

you realise intent and malice are specifically excluded from the rules and have no bearing on rulings? id say the vast majority of cards and penalties given, there is little or no intent, how many people have been given cards for tackling someone in the air when they really just never looked, watched the ball the whole time

Given the precedence im surprised how many people are surprised
That's just crazy then that intent & malice are excluded from the rules, in a lot of those sort of occasions it should just be a penalty at the most, it's a shocker when a team loses a tight game because they were carded when they shouldn't have been, especially with a red one... as Umaga use to say, " rugby is a physical game, not tiddlywinks "

All these rule changes every year are overcomplicating the game far too much, only have to look at the real mess the scrums are because the fools at the IRB... can't think of any other team sports that constantly change their rules ? then the IRB change the red card rule which the supporters didn't even know about, what a joke.

That's just crazy then that intent & malice are excluded from the rules, in a lot of those sort of occasions it should just be a penalty at the most, it's a shocker when a team loses a tight game because they were carded when they shouldn't have been, especially with a red one... as Umaga use to say, " rugby is a physical game, not tiddlywinks "

All these rule changes every year are overcomplicating the game far too much, only have to look at the real mess the scrums are because the fools at the IRB... can't think of any other team sports that constantly change their rules ? then the IRB change the red card rule which the supporters didn't even know about, what a joke.
in principle i agree, its made more confusing as he seems to got off a ban and they list "no intent" as the reason...so they go against their own rules

one thing though...how do you judge whats in someone's head? you cant really and yet that is the only way to judge an incent like this "fairly" in the eyes of lots of fans...our rules need to go back to basics and be re built

One of my major concerns coming out of this match was the atrocious goal kicking. I actually shiver at the prospect of Mo'unga going down with a serious injury which would then see BB as the starting 10. If BB wants to consider himself as the starting 10 he really seriously needs to work on his goal kicking accuracy. Goal kicking can be the difference in tight important matches and just hate to think of what could happen come WC 2023 finals if we don't have accurate goal kickers outside of Mo'unga.
BB is a good goal kicker though, he missed his last 3 or 4 kicks at goal so badly because he became a bit tentative trying to just stab or guide the ball between the posts, so ended up dragging it outside left upright... he knows it's an easy fix though, just come around the ball a bit more & strike through it solidly.

in principle i agree, its made more confusing as he seems to got off a ban and they list "no intent" as the reason...so they go against their own rules

one thing though...how do you judge whats in someone's head? you cant really and yet that is the only way to judge an incent like this "fairly" in the eyes of lots of fans...our rules need to go back to basics and be re built
To be fair they said no intent or recklessness. No recklessness I think is key and relevant. I agree with the decision because I don't think it's reckless to protect yourself from falling on your back. But I bet others have been suspended in similar situations.

There's far too many rules in rugby, so a lot of those rules are open to interpretation making the game a shambles... IRB have tried the fix the breakdown area for yonks by consistently bringing in new laws there, but all they've done is stuffed up the game even more.

All the supporters want to see from a ref is for them to be consistent to both sides & make good common sense decisions... one of the things that annoys me is refs letting all teams stand offside heaps, also you see so many players come in from the side of mauls & don't get pinged.

To be fair they said no intent or recklessness. No recklessness I think is key and relevant. I agree with the decision because I don't think it's reckless to protect yourself from falling on your back. But I bet others have been suspended in similar situations.
true, but its not like they just ticked the "no intent or recklessness" box, they chose those words for their statement which i think just muddies the water

Latest posts