• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

English?, try British include Wales and Scotland into that nonsense. Why does everyone always refer to the 'English' when its something done by the entire damn country.

Either way its not comparable, first he ramifications of that was not fully foreseen by food industry at the time hence why it was allowed. Secondly the games were not postponed because acts committed by the RFU, WRU or SRU it was literally out of their hands.
In terms of this the FRU didn't have control of the pandemic but they did of their bubble situation and its quite clearly it was heavily breached to have this level of outbreak within the squad. The two things are not directly comparable they aren't even comprable to last year when nobody did anything, international sport has demonstrated on numerous occasions it can conducted safely.

Now because of TV revenue and sponsorship obligations the game will be postponed but it should absolutely be done to Scotland best chance of having a full side and France just has to lump it.
Well you's voted for Brexit and we didnt...but we have to live with it :)

Yes I would blame whichever country that doesn't follow strict bubble rules whether they were established pre tournament or not. All players and coaching staff should of self isolated for 10 days pre training camp and only had direct contact with one another since until the end of the tournament. Anyone not doing that that and has a massive outbreak should be punished as they have allowed the bubble to be breached.

Its **** for those involved but its the only way to stop whats happening this weekend happening. To help lessen time in bubble I'd have removed the bloody rest weeks
Well you's voted for Brexit and we didnt...but we have to live with it :)
Well yeah my countrymen ****** you on that one you can blame us and Wales for that. Its a bit different when it is just England at fault but we do quite often only get the blame when its the entire bloody country.

Not sure why this isn't just forfeited as we have seen works in club rugby. You don't have to do the 28 - 0, BP point win thing either as the premiership has shown. Some incentive to keep players and unions within their bubbles too.

Postponing undermines many other more important competitions and series like the league finals and Lions.
It is clear that we French are responsible for the events that disrupt the smooth running of the tournament and we are very sorry. But I can't let you say that the league finals and Lions are bigger competitions than the 6N. It is the only competition in Europe that allows non-British nations to express themselves unless you want to stay with each other. I'm not saying the league finals and Lions aren't big competitions but it's pretty upsetting for us to see that kind of comment.

It is clear that we French are responsible for the events that disrupt the smooth running of the tournament and we are very sorry. But I can't let you say that the league finals and Lions are bigger competitions than the 6N. It is the only competition in Europe that allows non-British nations to express themselves unless you want to stay with each other. I'm not saying the league finals and Lions aren't big competitions but it's pretty upsetting for us to see that kind of comment.
I think you've misunderstood, I include the Top14/D2 in league finals of higher importance to me than the 6 nations, same with Champions Cup, etc. I always thought the French clubs did well in European competitions, not to mention the likes of Russian sides being allowed to play (express themselves) too. The 6N competition is stagnant and devalued, France and Italy aren't enough (but this is another discussion altogether... the game could be grown and value added by making the competition closer to soccer's euros IMO).

A theme that seemingly runs through all the French posters here is that they seem to think it's anti-French sentiment when it's nothing of the sort, not even close. I'd say the same if it were any nation. If as was previously claimed there aren't any rules regarding forfeiting fixtures then there really should be and now seems a perfect time to bring it in or at very least have that discussion.

Anyone not doing that that and has a massive outbreak should be punished as they have allowed the bubble to be breached.

Its **** for those involved but its the only way to stop whats happening this weekend happening. To help lessen time in bubble I'd have removed the bloody rest weeks
Agreed.

Well you's voted for Brexit and we didnt...but we have to live with it
Basically half of the "yous" you point your finger at didn't vote for it either (and I bet most of those that did vote thought they were getting something else)... it's something we all sadly have to deal with.

This thread has more posts that a normal Scotland game that lasts 80mins

I think you've misunderstood, I include the Top14/D2 in league finals of higher importance to me than the 6 nations, same with Champions Cup, etc. I always thought the French clubs did well in European competitions, not to mention the likes of Russian sides being allowed to play (express themselves) too. The 6N competition is stagnant and devalued, France and Italy aren't enough (but this is another discussion altogether... the game could be grown and value added by making the competition closer to soccer's euros IMO).

A theme that seemingly runs through all the French posters here is that they seem to think it's anti-French sentiment when it's nothing of the sort, not even close. I'd say the same if it were any nation. If as was previously claimed there aren't any rules regarding forfeiting fixtures then there really should be and now seems a perfect time to bring it in or at very least have that discussion.
Ok, sorry for this misunderstanding of your post partly due to my lack of English practice. Your more detailed explanations have allowed me to better understand your point of view.
That said you are right it is true that for rugby we always think that the English have an anti-French feeling. The clichés endure...
How do you feel about your game tomorrow against the Welsh?

Ok, sorry for this misunderstanding of your post partly due to my lack of English practice. Your more detailed explanations have allowed me to better understand your point of view.
That said you are right it is true that for rugby we always think that the English have an anti-French feeling. The clichés endure...
How do you feel about your game tomorrow against the Welsh?
No apologies needed, and I understand that. It's a shame, personally I love France and the people! Had some great times.

As for "my game"... It's a difficult one because I have allegiances with both nations being a bit of a mongrel. England need a big shake up and I like Wales playing a more attacking game with new, inexperienced talent with an eye on the future so I guess Cymru am byth! For the whole tournament France are playing the most attractive rugby for me so it would be something of an injustice if they didn't win the whole thing.

Most important of all my beloved Bristol take on Leicester tomorrow afternoon so hoping for a huge Bears win. ;)

3VTs.gif

Me when Scottish user numbers start getting too high

Gotta love how this thread turned out :p

Sports Minister now openly threatening to withdraw her support to the union for the rest of the 6N. I would never underestimate the union's long established capacity to wet their own bed.

Sports Minister now openly threatening to withdraw her support to the union for the rest of the 6N. I would never underestimate the union's long established capacity to wet their own bed.
Oh come on, if you don't withdraw, how are Wales gonna win the Slam?

I'm impressed to see a minister actually standing up for what is right. If it was our government they'd be making excuses and blaming others.

Well it looks like the Covid spread within the French squad may have come from the coach himself, who broke the Covid bubble...

Latest posts