• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (13/03/21)

No chance Ellis Jenkins gets picked for the Lions and rightly so. He should focus on getting selected for the Argentina tour if it goes ahead.

He's been good since coming back though. Actually, when you consider he's been out for 2 years he's been outstanding.
Fit and inform I'd have him in the backrow above Navidi... and I'm a massive Navidi fan.

As you've alluded too though, in the circumstances it's just not really a possibility what with the competition.

hmm I don't know, know what you and bushy are saying but I think he might have an outside chance best openside in the country by a mile
He was pre injury but that's 3 years ago, he has played well since returning he isn't the best 7 currently in Wales. Not also helped by the fact Hamish Watson and Tom Curry are currently world class.

Fit and inform I'd have him in the backrow above Navidi... and I'm a massive Navidi fan.

As you've alluded too though, in the circumstances it's just not really a possibility what with the competition.
Oh I'd have nav in the back row I'd put Tipric on the bench, hiding behind the settee :rolleyes:

Ummmmm, not for me. It's a tight call though and not a huge amount in it.

Jenkins needs to get in the Wales team first. It's not like he's tried and tested at international level (though I don't think there's any doubt he is an international level player when fit) but he still needs to go through the process for lack of a better word and get into the team.

He's on the right track for sure and like I said , I've been gobsmacked by the levels he's showing after so long out.

Oh I'd have nav in the back row I'd put Tipric on the bench, hiding behind the settee :rolleyes:
Fair enough it's all just opinions, I like the idea of Tips and Faletau flying down the outside under Pivac and Wellies' game plan though.
Ummmmm, not for me. It's a tight call though and not a huge amount in it.

Jenkins needs to get in the Wales team first. It's not like he's tried and tested at international level (though I don't think there's any doubt he is an international level player when fit) but he still needs to go through the process for lack of a better word and get into the team.

He's on the right track for sure and like I said , I've been gobsmacked by the levels he's showing after so long out.
The rare occasions he's played for Wales he's looked great (as does Navidi too ofcourse) that match against the boks in the autumn of 2018 though... he just looked like he had it all. Hands, workmate, leadership... the list goes on. Such a good player... really hope we see a good 5 or 6 years of him on the test arena.

How old is Ellis now. 27/28? He's going to be very handy for us as when you look beyond our current back row who are all 30 plus we're going to need Ellis when they're gone.

Not aimed at me.
But assuming they take 8 like NZ tour.

Hamish Watson
James Ritchie
Tom Curry
Sam Underhill (if fit)
Cj Stander
Faletau
Josh Navidi
Tadhg Beirne as backrow/2nd row
Tipruic
Pretty much spot on, maybe Binny over CJ (Binny is 'so' Gats).

How old is Ellis now. 27/28? He's going to be very handy for us as when you look beyond our current back row who are all 30 plus we're going to need Ellis when they're gone.
theres a few 7s coming through the one from the scarlets is making noises, I've been told about another too, but cant recall his name, you might be right I may be still drunk Hic,

Well there are still the supposed warm ups against Japan, USA, French BaaBaas and South Africa A.

Latest posts