• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (13/03/21)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1615203395482.png

looking forward to a less stressful game ( I hope ) , but does he go strongest or give some players a rest , I would like to se a couple of younger players involved , some good choices , Who replaces hardy , Biggar on the bench or not in the squad , does captain fantastic get a rest , lots of options

looking forward to a less stressful game ( I hope ) , but does he go strongest or give some players a rest , I would like to se a couple of younger players involved , some good choices , Who replaces hardy , Biggar on the bench or not in the squad , does captain fantastic get a rest , lots of options
I wouldn't change too much personally. We have been improving game by game... and another run out won't hurt in preparation for France.

I get the inclination but this would the one year where I wouldn't tinker too much for this fixture.

I wouldn't change too much personally. We have been improving game by game... and another run out won't hurt in preparation for France.

I get the inclination but this would the one year where I wouldn't tinker too much for this fixture.

I agree continuity is important but I think players like Owens, for example, are so important, to the point where if you said to me just Ken would miss the France game I would be a lot less optimistic about getting the win. It's a blacking act I suppose. We shouldn't be changing the whole team around for sure but I'd like to see more than just faletau being rested.

My predicted line up is:

Wyn Jones, Owens, Francis
Beard AWJ
Botham Navidi Tips

G. Davies, Bigs

Foxy, North

Adams Williams LRZ

Bench: Jones, Dee, Brown, Hill, Wainwright, Tomos Williams, Sheedy, Halaholo

My predicted line up is:

Wyn Jones, Owens, Francis
Beard AWJ
Botham Navidi Tips

G. Davies, Bigs

Foxy, North

Adams Williams LRZ

Bench: Jones, Dee, Brown, Hill, Wainwright, Tomos Williams, Sheedy, Halaholo
I'd probably go with Williams & Sheedy at 9 & 10 but apart from that I'd be in agreement.

I'd probably go with Williams & Sheedy at 9 & 10 but apart from that I'd be in agreement.

I'd like to see Owens and AWJ rested (though I wouldn't want the job to tell AW he's not playing)

I'd also like to see Carre, WillGriff, Ball and Evans on the bench (with Sheedy starting) but I'm probably being a bit naive perhaps.

I'd like to see Owens and AWJ rested (though I wouldn't want the job to tell AW he's not playing)

I'd also like to see Carre, WillGriff, Ball and Evans on the bench (with Sheedy starting) but I'm probably being a bit naive perhaps.
I could definitely see your reasoning and the sentimental part of me would like to see Ball make it 50 but im also a big Hill fan and would like to see him play himself back into his 2018/2019 form.

Also, if you're not gonna use Carre and WillGriff agaist Italy when are you gonna use them I suppose. I'm particularly bemused by Pivac using Jones over Carre... I know he was a bit exposed in the autumn but he has some major plus points too. And when Wyn Jones is playing 70+ minutes I can't see the rationale of giving an average 30 year old what little minutes remain when there is a promising 23 year old there.

I could definitely see your reasoning and the sentimental part of me would like to see Ball make it 50 but im also a big Hill fan and would like to see him play himself back into his 2018/2019 form.

Also, if you're not gonna use Carre and WillGriff agaist Italy when are you gonna use them I suppose. I'm particularly bemused by Pivac using Jones over Carre... I know he was a bit exposed in the autumn but he has some major plus points too. And when Wyn Jones is playing 70+ minutes I can't see the rationale of giving an average 30 year old what little minutes remain when there is a promising 23 year old there.

I agree, I'd start Hill alongside Beard and have Ball on the bench. Like I say though,
I wouldn't want to tell AWJ he's not in the squad. I'd make Gethin Jenkins tell him and hide in my office.

Yeah hill for me too, I believe Ball a spent force, as for too many changes I would be against that too, Carre as you say didn't have a good showing in the autumn, I believe our front row is very good so if it aint broke.

Yeah hill for me too, I believe Ball a spent force, as for too many changes I would be against that too, Carre as you say didn't have a good showing in the autumn, I believe our front row is very good so if it aint broke.
I can see how my comment could be misinterpreted reading it back (too many Jones' as is always the case huh) yeah I'd definitely stick with Wyn Jones but am a little 'surprised' by Pivac's selection of Rhodri Jones as Wyn's understudy. Personally, I'd probably have Carre on the bench over him but I do get that he was found out a little last autumn.

I can see how my comment could be misinterpreted reading it back (too many Jones' as is always the case huh) yeah I'd definitely stick with Wyn Jones but am a little 'surprised' by Pivac's selection of Rhodri Jones as Wyn's understudy. Personally, I'd probably have Carre on the bench over him but I do get that he was found out a little last autumn.
I agree, he's not been in great form but him and Brown are the future and we need to develop them. Jones hasn't done anything wrong in his appearances off the bench but he's not been pulling up trees either. Having said that, I imagine that is what Pivac was looking for with his back up loose head rather than Carre who it has to be said, has been a bit of a liability, especially in the scrum.

Having said all that he should be on the bench against Italy.

the thing is, you can impress on your first couple of caps, but if you have a weakness and it is known, in Wales you go from hero to zero very quickly. I agree with W.E. Brown looks good.

I agree, he's not been in great form but him and Brown are the future and we need to develop them. Jones hasn't done anything wrong in his appearances off the bench but he's not been pulling up trees either. Having said that, I imagine that is what Pivac was looking for with his back up loose head rather than Carre who it has to be said, has been a bit of a liability, especially in the scrum.

Having said all that he should be on the bench against Italy.
the thing is, you can impress on your first couple of caps, but if you have a weakness and it is known, in Wales you go from hero to zero very quickly. I agree with W.E. Brown looks good.
Brown has looked good this year, particularly when he came on against the Scots... but he also had a lot of these question-marks hanging over him only a season or two ago. I think Carre will come good... Dai Young being his coach/DoR could be a big plus in that regard.

If Evans isn't on the bench then he'll never play under Pivac.

He won't go to Argentina as you'd imagine we might try a Ioan Lloyd or a Sam Costelow at 10 and we'll probably have Patchell back as well. I mean, he even prefers Priestland over Evans so can we really be sure he'll even go on tour?

I think it's such a waste not to give him a crack off the bench. Fine if he has concerns about him, he could well be right but we won't know until he is given an opportunity. Fingers crossed he's on the bench but I'll be very surprised if he is.

If Evans isn't on the bench then he'll never play under Pivac.

He won't go to Argentina as you'd imagine we might try a Ioan Lloyd or a Sam Costelow at 10 and we'll probably have Patchell back as well. I mean, he even prefers Priestland over Evans so can we really be sure he'll even go on tour?

I think it's such a waste not to give him a crack off the bench. Fine if he has concerns about him, he could well be right but we won't know until he is given an opportunity. Fingers crossed he's on the bench but I'll be very surprised if he is.
I think he'll tour personally... if the tour goes ahead. Lloyd would probably be included as a utility back allowing for Evans and Costelow (or whomever depending on Lion's selection) to get the 10 berths.

Latest posts