• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

1614457807861.gif

so, I personally will approach the Italy match like I have the last three... fully anticipating a whupping but thoroughly content in being wrong!

yma o hyd!

View attachment 9500
so, I personally will approach the Italy match like I have the last three... fully anticipating a whupping but thoroughly content in being wrong!

yma o hyd!
There is a literal zero chance Wales v Italy is even competitive.

Italy will have way too much firepower.

Curious to know though: how do Welsh posters on here feel about Wales' form? While 3 wins is 3 wins, there have been an awful lot of opposition penalties involved in those 3 wins. Do you feel Wales are making progress under Pivac?
I'm pretty happy. Gotta be after our form last year! We're not playing that well, but we are improving game on game. Young players are getting exposure and we're building depth in a lot of positions.

I think there's a lot more to come from the squad too. With the confidence they're building the attack will start to click more and more and we'll see more of North, LRZ, Adams etc.

The first 2 try's today were certainly controversial. I don't see why the ref didn't just wait a few more secs for England to set before re-starting the game even if I do think England were slow. Apparently the Williams try was perfectly legitimate, even if I thought the same as many others that it was a knock on by LRZ.

Otherwise the ref was just a fussy ******* at the breakdown. Penalised both sides for a lot of marginal calls. Enhland's discipline was just a lot worse, especially in that last 15min.

Not sure it'll be enough to beat a good French side if the game goes ahead in 3 weeks time. But our tails will be up and we don't often fail in those situations. The key might be whether Pivac is brave and starts Sheedy because our chances improve if he does imo.

If I was welsh I'd be delighted. They were pretty lucky in a few wins but who cares when you're winning and you just put 40 on England. They are showing some signs of improvement either way luck or no. Don't think they'd have even beaten a 14 man Ireland or a crap England how they were playing last year. They've also filled a few gaps in their squad now and I don't think they'll backslide too badly. Definitely benefitting from Ireland and England being dragged kicking and screaming into a rebuilding phase, but that's rugby. Ebbs and flows

Latest posts