• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

Er, no

His leg was moving backwards as the ball hit it making it go backwards. It then hit the England players leg going opposite direction

Wake up
Read up :) If a player is running forwards and paws at the ball that ball is going forward with momentum even if he has run past it in the process. He carried it forward then dropped it.

Did Ireland report Kaplan in 2011?
I know the IRB made a formal acknowledgement of the wrong call, and apologised to Ireland for it, but don't know if it was off their own back or not

You can be anti-terrible-referee but also acknowledge that those decisions weren't the reason England lost
Absolutely I agree with that, so to avoid confusion I am myself French and I don't try to defend Gauzère but I didn't understand why some England fans thought the ref responsible of the English defeat even if some of his decisions can be debated and especially the second welsh try that I wouldn't have awarded.

Absolutely I agree with that, so to avoid confusion I am myself French and I don't try to defend Gauzère but I didn't understand why some England fans thought the ref responsible of the English defeat even if some of his decisions can be debated and especially the second welsh try that I wouldn't have awarded.
There was very few blaming the ref I mean literally a very small percentage here, you only have to read the comments to know that.

Most English fans I'm aware of don't say solely he was to blame but that he put us at a severe disadvantage. Generally when you are chasing a game and under pressure you tend to go for more high risk high reward stuff, which can backfire and make things even worse. The fact we drew level obviously goes a long way to negating that argument but then the alternative is that we would have been leading rather than tied and it would have been the Welsh needing to force the game. All ifs and buts. More generally though it wasn't just the try decisions but an overall theme of pinging England off the park for things varying from very minor issues he wasn't penalising Wales for to just outright wrong decisions. He also very disproportionately kept telling English players to stay onside (even when they were) whilst not giving the Welsh the same treatment. Wales had to really blatantly infringe to get penalised, England merely had to get into 50/50 territory for an almost guaranteed penalty. All of that piles up over the course of the game.

TL;DR we were poor enough to not deserve the win and gave away enough justified penalties to not claim it was entirely unfair against us but his performance was very poor and had a significant impact on the game.

Jones really needs to tell the team next game just drop the 50/50 on the edge stuff. Go out and just play REALLY clean rugby. Don't give anyone even the slightest sniff of an excuse to penalise. We have a well earned reputation for giving away penalties and something must be done about it. Contrary to the claims many like to make about us bribing the refs, we get penalised more than most sides and it's very rarely we end a game with a lower penalty count than our opposition.

I love the idea of people getting upset at a player not clapping, IDK I like to think these are the same people who call others snowflakes for various reasons also.
It's the group of people who think that Covid is no big deal outside of the elderly / co-morbid, and the group who think that Covid is no big deal within the elderly / co-morbid because they're going to die soon anyway - the Venn diagram is a perfect circle.

**** me the replies to that tweet peoples response to someone getting death threats.

"Well sure but are you still going to make him clap?"

Because clearly that's the important thing.

"Well sure but are you still going to make him clap?"
Someone posted clips under it showing every other side has players that don't clap in the tunnel as well (including, gasp, Wales), but it's only the English players getting the death threats
Quelle surprise

Someone posted clips under it showing every other side has players that don't clap in the tunnel as well (including, gasp, Wales), but it's only the English players getting the death threats
Quelle surprise
Its bad sportsmanship on Genge's part no doubt, similar to the Sonya story. This fixture always brings out the worst in fans but this year they seam to be extra vile on social media, this thread was relatively tame to the past but some fans appear to have taken their record breaking win very badly.

I actually really really like Genge and think it would be great for English rugby to see the RFU getting more normal working class blokes like him involved in English rugby. Even if Genge had spat in someone's face and knocked them out there wouldn't be excuse to send death threats as it's just such a horrible thing to do.

I don't know why a minority get so annoyed to send threats to people. It was a bit like the reaction to the English team not graciously accepting their runners up medals in the last World Cup, I mean who cares?

I genuinely will never understand trying to rub a big victory in or having a go at the losers. Legitimately angry responses to something that you should enjoy is bizarre. It seems to be most common among Welsh and Scots or at least louder. There's definitely Irish who do it but for the most part, win or lose, we don't care about the other team and usually lose the run of ourselves thinking we're the best thing since sliced bread or being outrageously pessimistic because we didn't beat NZ or whoever in style.

Saying that Smellis Genge is a stain but a far more appropriate response would be to laugh at him in a way that he's not going to see it unless he goes looking. Don't attack the bitter, smelly man on his social media accounts.

I'm a little bit less sympathetic for Sonja, I'm sure the threats/tweets are worse than she said but I do think her questions were toxic, appalling etc... not fair on the players/coaches and not entertaining. If you told her as much in a civil manner, which again I doubt the ones she was complaining about were, a journo who's active and engages people on twitter has to be able to cop such criticism.

Like they do when starting a line out or scrum....

Only thing I've read this morning is Matt Dawson (as it's the only thing shared here) and he said it was ********. Not seen any dissenting opinion on twitter.
I do not want to go on rummaging endlessly on this topic, but if you have a look at Andy Goode twitter account for instance, he clearly shows that May, Slade and Daly are perfectly positioned and ready when the ref restarts the game. The issue is that on the other side, Ford and Watson are crawling towards the touchline thinking about their next holidays in the sun. Too bad it is the wing the Welsh have chosen...

I do not want to go on rummaging endlessly on this topic, but if you have a look at Andy Goode twitter account for instance, he clearly shows that May, Slade and Daly are perfectly positioned and ready when the ref restarts the game. The issue is that on the other side, Ford and Watson are crawling towards the touchline thinking about their next holidays in the sun. Too bad it is the wing the Welsh have chosen...
See above post you're a bit behind.

Latest posts