• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

Explains why there will be no formal complaint.

What do you expect ? Both the Mail on Sunday and the Sun have sent his personal address to Genge saying he is responsible for the death threats :mad:
As you know, when the British press is on your back, you either give up on your royal perks and go into exile in Los Angeles, or you ask for mercy and pray for another contentious topic to emerge as soon as possible!

What do you expect ? Both the Mail on Sunday and the Sun have sent his personal address to Genge saying he is responsible for the death threats :mad:
As you know, when the British press is on your back, you either give up on your royal perks and go into exile in Los Angeles, or you ask for mercy and pray for another contentious topic to emerge as soon as possible!
...okay I now believe its a waste of time talking to you if the ref himself admitting to making mistakes isn't enough nothing will be.

...okay I now believe its a waste of time talking to you if the ref himself admitting to making mistakes isn't enough nothing will be.
Let me tell you something : as is the case for all sports, rugby is about fun. And discussing about rugby on a forum is about having fun. Not being right, nobody cares who is wrong and who is right on a rugby forum. You might think this is a tad cheeky for me to say that considering I am really new here, but this is the ultimate truth. The guys on the pitch are professional, but even they are doing it for fun, ultimately. They need to win, but they also need to have fun, or else, they'd better retire.
As supporters, we also need to have fun. Or we'd better retire as well.

Let me tell you something : as is the case for all sports, rugby is about fun. And discussing about rugby on a forum is about having fun. Not being right, nobody cares who is wrong and who is right on a rugby forum. You might think this is a tad cheeky for me to say that considering I am really new here, but this is the ultimate truth. The guys on the pitch are professional, but even they are doing it for fun, ultimately. They need to win, but they also need to have fun, or else, they'd better retire.
As supporters, we also need to have fun. Or we'd better retire as well.
Christ alive,

Do you think I'd have been posting on here for 6 years (cripes) and getting into endless discussions/arguments laws if I didn't actually find it fun? (or more precisely intellectually stimulating).

Saying he's sorry shouldn't absolve him of responsibility

Hopefully WR still have a word behind the scenes

It's my understanding that every refs performance is reviewed after every game so he'll be dragged over the coals I'm sure, if he hasn't already.

Might be reviewed but they never get sanctioned

True but I guess it's quite a tricky thing in terms of when someone should get sanctioned or not. I'f imagine there's a lot of things you have to consider but really it should be done on a case by case basis but you also don't want to discourage young refs coming through but also you can't allow really bad decisions being made so it's a balancing act I guess.

You certainly wouldn't want to see this dude make the same mistakes again that's for sure.

True but I guess it's quite a tricky thing in terms of when someone should get sanctioned or not. I'f imagine there's a lot of things you have to consider but really it should be done on a case by case basis but you also don't want to discourage young refs coming through but also you can't allow really bad decisions being made so it's a balancing act I guess.
I can't see this being an issue. No one decides that they don't want to play rugby anymore because a player got sanctioned; I don't see why refs would be any different.

Might be reviewed but they never get sanctioned
Actually they do. There's a point system for their mistakes, and if they cross the threshold they can get demoted down a level or two of refereeing. So he may not be taking six nations or other internationals after that

the ref went to the tmo for the Williams try , he will be absolved if the decision gets called wrong , the Adams try England were asleep at the time , Farrell had time to say all he needed to , not refs fault .

I can't see this being an issue. No one decides that they don't want to play rugby anymore because a player got sanctioned; I don't see why refs would be any different.

I guess it would come down to how bad and public the sanctions were and how easily they were dished out and how severe they were but I definitely could see it having a knock on effect if it was at the worse end.

I would imagine your average refs mindset and reasons for getting into the game are perhaps a bit different to the players but hard to say.

How much does you average international ref get paid do you think? They must do alright you'd think. Anyone know or have a rough idea?

I guess it would come down to how bad and public the sanctions were and how easily they were dished out and how severe they were but I definitely could see it having a knock on effect if it was at the worse end.

I would imagine your average refs mindset and reasons for getting into the game are perhaps a bit different to the players but hard to say.
I don't think they make a huge amount of money even the international guys, Barnes is apparently still an active Barrister. Its a pretty thankless job at the end of the day.

Latest posts