• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

Getting back to the actual rugby. He's been a great player for Wales but the more I see Wales' style develop and get more prominent the more I don't think Biggar is suited for the 10 shirt anymore. He did have some nice touches on Saturday but I do think it's time Evans is given a chance. It was good to see Sheedy silence the doubters about his kicking, I think he will probably get the start in Italy now but I do think he deserves the starter spot against France the week after. :p

Biggar has always been a strange player for me. Whenever I watch Wales play as a neutral (ish), he seems to be holding them back. Whenever I watch Wales play England, he always seems to cause us problems.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the first try, it only happened because Biggar had the awareness to do it, just like last time in 2019 (with the same ref).

Getting back to the actual rugby. He's been a great player for Wales but the more I see Wales' style develop and get more prominent the more I don't think Biggar is suited for the 10 shirt anymore. He did have some nice touches on Saturday but I do think it's time Evans is given a chance. It was good to see Sheedy silence the doubters about his kicking, I think he will probably get the start in Italy now but I do think he deserves the starter spot against France the week after. :p
Sheedy was class - I think his kicking "issues" are overstated, he's more than adequate in that area, certainly not the kind of player that you wince whenever he gets the tee out

One thing that surprised me is he's 25! I presumed he was about 22 or something

Sheedy was class - I think his kicking "issues" are overstated, he's more than adequate in that area, certainly not the kind of player that you wince whenever he gets the tee out

One thing that surprised me is he's 25! I presumed he was about 22 or something

Yeah his kicking is fine, he just had a off night against Scotland. A lot of the more 'casual' Welsh fans will not have seen too much of him, so haven't seen him slot kicks for Bristol.

Yeah his kicking is fine, he just had a off night against Scotland. A lot of the more 'casual' Welsh fans will not have seen too much of him, so haven't seen him slot kicks for Bristol.

I never got the argument that you had to have one of Biggar or Halfpenny starting purely for goalkicking because at the end of the day any 10 that you have on the bench you have to have some kind of faith in as for all you know the games turns out to be hinged on a pen kick in the 79th minute or whatever. So if you have Sheedy on the bench you can't be worried about his goal kicking if you know what I mean.

I'm a massive fan of Biggar and he's a different type of player. You're not going to get Sheedy putting in the kid of hits that Bigs does as Biggar is one of the best defensive 10s around. He also won't be as good under the high ball as Biggar but other than that Sheedy looks better. It's actually good to have 2 10s that offer very different things.

Biggar has always been a strange player for me. Whenever I watch Wales play as a neutral (ish), he seems to be holding them back. Whenever I watch Wales play England, he always seems to cause us problems.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the first try, it only happened because Biggar had the awareness to do it, just like last time in 2019 (with the same ref).
I'm not even sure he looks great against us, honestly since Sexton fell off his cliff to become distinctly average I think there's actually a lack of genuinely world class 10's out there. France and South Africa's backs play is more notable for their scrum halves than the guy outside him.

Even our more flair guys like Russell and Ford seams to have holes in thier play that stop anyone really applauding them

I'm not even sure he looks great against us, honestly since Sexton fell off his cliff to become distinctly average I think there's actually a lack of genuinely world class 10's out there. France and South Africa's backs play is more notable for their scrum halves than the guy outside him.

Even our more flair guys like Russell and Ford seams to have holes in thier play that stop anyone really applauding them
Roman Ntamack looks class already and he's only 21, I think he's going to be well into that world class bracket in a few years.
Who is the best 10 currently? Mo'unga?

Roman Ntamack looks class already and he's only 21, I think he's going to be well into that world class bracket in a few years.
Who is the best 10 currently? Mo'unga?
Mo'unga has been fantastic at club level but has been a tad hit or miss for the all blacks tbh.

Honestly it feels like there are very few top class 10s internationally at the moment

When do we reckon that the France Scotland fixture will take place then ? There was talk on ScrumV that it could even be July.

I've always felt proud to have been part of the RU community.
E76B59D5-CCFF-4BBB-B314-F21C88AFB471.jpeg

Is it something about his style - that pronounced draw - that doesn't look right to the casual observer?

It's the sort of style that's harder to control on an off day than a straighter style.