Sunday 25th April
1618959927850.png1618959937226.png1618959946807.png

Venue: Orangetheory Stadium
Time: 3.35pm (NZ)
Referee: James Doleman

Predictions:
Chiefs by 8
Crusaders by 6

Two crucial games this weekend which could see the final spots sorted out. I think confidence and form will get the Chiefs home on Friday, they know how to win the tight ones which they didn't do last season. It's not been the Canes' season I'm afraid. The Hurricanes are unbeaten in their last 3 games in Hamilton but I see that changing this week.

Could be a very interesting game on Sunday, if the Chiefs win then realistically the Blues have to get something from this game to keep their chances alive. The Crusaders have been off colour in the last 3 games but they haven't been as poor as some people are making out. The Blues have got to really go after the set piece of the Saders. If you can disrupt that you've got a great shot of beating them. The Blues have got the talent to win on Sunday but I don't think they've got the "smarts" to beat the Crusaders on their own patch. Narrow home win.

My Picks

Chiefs
Crusaders

Last edited:
Well if that doesn't sum up the Canes' season I don't know what does. Leading 23-24 with two minutes to go and in the Chiefs 22. Then we concede two penalties, one for holding on and one for a scrum collapse. McKenzie kicks it from about 45 metres out, straight in front and the Chiefs win 26 - 24. I've officially had enough of this season.

Congratulations Chiefs! It's always nice when the Crusaders get beat. Could their dynasty be in jeopardy? I hope so. :)

Full Time: Crusaders 29 Blues 6. Will take a very big performance against the Chiefs for the Blues to get to the final now. That was like the Blues team of old, so many basic errors.

Edit: Having just looked at the tournament rules, the Blues are out of contention. They are 5 points behind the Chiefs with one game left but the Chiefs have 5 wins to the Blues' 3. They can both finish on 20 points but the number of wins is the tiebreaker. So it's a Crusaders v Chiefs final in two weeks time.

Last edited:
Congratulations Chiefs! It's always nice when the Crusaders get beat. Could their dynasty be in jeopardy? I hope so. :)
Oh well...I was hoping the Crusaders would lose again but they steamrolled the Blues.

Last edited:

Latest posts