• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Ashman --> Edinburgh

Frustrating but I think was always inevitable - signing him to a long term contract as his first senior deal was a good bit of business as Edinburgh have had to buy out the final two years of his contract

Very annoyed we've lost Langdon now, though

Ashman --> Edinburgh

Frustrating but I think was always inevitable - signing him to a long term contract as his first senior deal was a good bit of business as Edinburgh have had to buy out the final two years of his contract

Very annoyed we've lost Langdon now, though

Losing Ashman, Langdon and Dolly is pretty crazy

Considering the bad blood over contracts and the eligibility rule I think the WRU needs to be wary of trying to find loopholes for players. Undermines the system and leaves others feeling like favouritism is shown.

Now that's a move I don't think anyone expected!

Bath upto the cap with their injury replacements so can't bring Ewels back into their active squad so he's going on loan until the end of June

In line to make his debut in the Currie cup this Friday

Not a transfer, but Will Welch to retire at the end of the season. Huge servant to Falcons rugby through the years.

Big changes happening here.

So thats him out of contention for England ....unless...the rule is bisbanded.

Pearson is certainly pushing himself for a spot.

So does that Mean Jack should not be considered for the World Cup then?

So does that Mean Jack should not be considered for the World Cup then?
Bit of a weird grey area, isn't it?
I've not heard talk of any of the other players who have signed for French clubs not being available, so I'd imagine he is available - not sure what the rules are over the summer re: training camps/warm up games/international windows etc.
Will he have to be in Toulouse doing pre-season and be released back to England to do RWC training camps?

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same way - he's been given special dispensation this season due to Wasps misfortunes, but he knows the rules

Not gonna be annoyed if he's there, obviously, but could understand if he's not (though I think he will be)

AS said above however...If Pearson continues as he is...Willis might struggle for a place anyway!

AS said above however...If Pearson continues as he is...Willis might struggle for a place anyway!
Even without Pearson in the mix I don't think that Willis cracks Borthwick's 1st choice 23. Think he'd go 6. Lawes 7. T. Curry 8. Mercer/Dombrandt 20. Ludlam.

I don't think that Borthwick will see this as a great loss at all tbh.

It's difficult because I don't blame jack for getting his contract post Wasps but at same time if no one has room then no one has room and not much he can do. Also suppose he has to balance financial decision. Make serious cash in France guaranteed or come back to UK on smaller contract (probably due to salary caps for clubs) and bank on England cash which isn't a definite. Young family that has just settled in france too, reckon its been a fairly straight forward decision for him.

Also rumours from Pudsey the kitman (wasps stalwart), we are expecting news next week.
Sounds like it could be ground for sure, could even be a coach... doubt any players yet but 3 months until new season doesn't leave long.

I realise it's not Prem but no where else to go.... haha

Latest posts