• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 Six Nations - Predicted Table

Here we go again, time to leave myself open to ridicule in two months time when I've got it all wrong!.
1. France - Grand Slam
2. Ireland
3. England
4. Scotland
5. Wales
6. Italy

I've genuinely not got a clue this year. I'm fairly confident about positions 1 and 6 but 2,3,4 and 5 is a lottery. France and Ireland look the two best sides to me.

I've got France as favourites, they've got the ideal schedule and the best squad and depth. Always vulnerable away from home but I don't see them losing in Cardiff or Edinburgh, although I think the latter game will be tricky. The GS is theirs to blow.

Ireland have to go to Paris and Twickenham which is difficult but I can see them sneaking a win in one of those games.

England are re-building and have an inexperienced side and a new back division so whilst I think we'll be very competitive, I don't see us finishing in the top two.

Scotland could finish higher than 4th but I think trips to Dublin and Cardiff could be their downfall.

Wales are injury ravaged in the forwards, losing AWJ for the first few rounds is a massive blow. Without Owens, Faletau and Tipuric as well i just don't think they will get parity up front. They have some good backs but how much ball will they get?. England and Ireland away without a competitive 8 could be painful, not to mention France at home.

Sadly I don't see Italy winning a game again this year unless Scotland or Wales have an absolute stinker of a 6N, possible but unlikely.
Could this guy see the future?

Could this guy see the future?
If you throw enough darts at the board one of them will eventually hit the bullseye. Barring Italy's unbelievable result in Cardiff there hasn't really been many upsets this year. In summary barring R4 France and Ireland were a cut above the other teams so home advantage was not critical apart from in the game between the two. That was my thought process before the tournament, hence France winning the Slam.

The games between England, Wales and Scotland all went with home advantage which was always likely to be the decisive factor with 3 middling teams - and no, I didn't see Italy winning a game!.

As an England supporter I was hoping that we would come 3rd with 3 wins rather than two, we should have won in Scotland.

One sentence summary for all the teams
France - best team in the world
Ireland - getting better and better
England - A muddled mess
Scotland - flattered to deceive (again)
Wales - dire, worrying times ahead
Italy - Hope at last - improvements obvious

Latest posts