• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 Six Nations - Predicted Table

In the last week the odds on France have come in a bit, England have dropped behind Ireland after having been equal, and Wales have swapped with Scotland.

1644012398284.png

My prediction:

Eng & Fra 4 wins
Ire 3 wins
Sco 2 wins
Wales 2 wins
Italy exist

That was my pre tournament prediction. Gonna update it

Fra - 5 wins
Ire - 3
Eng - 3
Sco - 2
Wal - 2
Italy - 1 LBP (huge)

Scotland or Wales won't beat France, I thought one of them would but having seen but they just won't be able to handle what gets thrown at them without some weird events. I thought England would be better than last week, never had them down as winners in Paris.

Fra - 5 wins
Ire - 3
Eng - 3
Sco - 2
Wal - 2
Italy - 1 LBP (huge)

Scotland or Wales won't beat France, I thought one of them would but having seen but they just won't be able to handle what gets thrown at them without some weird events. I thought England would be better than last week, never had them down as winners in Paris.
If England beat Wales in round 3 then i think England vs Ireland will be a great game, on form Ireland win but i do think England are better than what we showed vs Scotland.

And lll be there at Twickenham for Ireland, I cannot wait. I love that if we beat Wales which i think on form and squad we should given at home. If we pull it off winning back to back at home we actually would go to France with a chance of taking it.

Sooo many 'ifs' so your prediction i feel will be right but i can dream damn it!

Id agree
Fra
Ire
Eng
Sco
Wales
Italy

2 weeks in, everyone's chances are cut by a nice even 5% or so each to make room for that whopping great blue bit

1644774392817.png

I actually think the field vs France (2.37) is a decent bet. Even if they don't mess it up on the road England could still set up a decider for the last week. And France are quite fond of messing it up on the road, where one loss would bring everyone else back into the tournament.

If it comes down to points difference, chances are it'll be an Ireland championship since they habitually wallop Italy at home, which France weren't quite able to do.

Last edited:
2 weeks in, everyone's chances are cut by a nice even 5% or so each to make room for that whopping great blue bit

View attachment 13282

I actually think the field vs France (2.37) is a decent bet. Even if they don't mess it up on the road England could still set up a decider for the last week. And France are quite fond of messing it up on the road, where one loss would bring everyone else back into the tournament.

If it comes down to points difference, chances are it'll be an Ireland championship since they habitually wallop Italy at home, which France weren't quite able to do.
Excuse me! That chart adds up to only 99.9%. That remaining 1-in-a-thousand shot, that missing 0.1%, is three BP victories for Italy. They say anything can happen in sport... :p

France should walk the Slam from here. I actually think the danger game for them is Wales in Cardiff. That 4th game has ended plenty of GS chances before. Because France have lost to Scotland and England recently I think they will be mentally right at it for those two games. The Welsh game could be the trap, Wales at home, despite how poor you think they might be, can turn anyone over in the 6N. You wouldn't expect France to lose to Wales but a Welsh team with nothing to lose against a team maybe feeling the pressure of going for the Slam could be dangerous in my opinion. There's always one game when France don't turn up and I think Cardiff could be it.

Last edited:
France should walk the Slam from here. I actually think the danger game for them is Wales in Cardiff. That 4th game has ended plenty of GS chances before. Because France have lost to Scotland and England recently I think they will be mentally right at it for those two games. The Welsh game could be the trap, Wales at home, despite how poor you think they might be, can turn anyone over in the 6N. You wouldn't expect France to lose to Wales but a Welsh team with nothing to lose against a team maybe feeling the pressure of going for the Slam could be dangerous in my opinion. There's always one game when France don't turn up and I think Cardiff could be it.

I think any game away from home is a banana skin for France. We saw enough in the Ireland game to see some of their old mental habits still haven't been ironed out. Plus Scotland will go back to being dangerous now that they've completely blown it. Personally I'd put the chances of a French slam at around 45-50% at this time and if they don't get the slam I'd favour Ireland to get an extra BP along the way.

Soo right now
14 France Wales France
11 Ireland(be 11 tomorrow obv) England Scotland
10 England Ireland France
5 Scotland Italy Ireland
5 Wales France italy
0 Italy

So lets assume every gets 5 vs Italy.

So thats in this tournement

14 France, Wales England
11 Ireland, Scotland England
10 England, Ireland France
10 Scotland, Ireland
10 Wales, France
0 Italy. Worse than Bath....

So given this table what do we predict

France for the Grand Slam as I predicted at the start. England will lose against Ireland and will be absolutely annihilated in Paris. Ireland will finish 2nd. I've got only France and Ireland winning more than two games, that says a lot.

France to win good chances of slam.
Ireland v England decides 2nd spot,
Italy last 3rd 4th 5th is irrelevant.

Fra - 5 wins
Ire - 3
Eng - 3
Sco - 2
Wal - 2
Italy - 1 LBP (huge)

Happy to update this to Ireland 4 and England 2 after today.

I'll never be comfortable predicting a win in Twickenham but I think as a neutral viewer I'd give Ireland the edge based on what both teams are doing rn.

England Ireland I still have a coin flip with maybe Ireland as -115 to -150 favorites in my personal sports book . Idk what that is in European.

Still think france could struggle away at wales and Scotland hould handle Italy pretty easily.

England lucky to get france away this year cause I think that's a game they lose home or away this year.

So I doubt a soul got it right without looking through the thread, Forza Italia!

Weird tournament in a lot of ways, I never thought England or Scotland would be so bad. Wales managed to look competitive in four games while losing to the Spooners and being dicked by second place. I feel like Ireland and France played their final against each other with the stronger team prevailing, and then both teams were never massively worried but never massively good after that Paris game.

I think the table accurately reflects the level of the teams, gulf between 2 and 3 included.

Happy with a triple crown and happy for Italy and France.

From an Irish POV, we still have a lot to work on, which is good, but unlike our UK rivals we have an identity, we can be caught as the past has shown but man, you'll need something special.

Latest posts