• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 TRC] New Zealand vs South Africa

Tell you what, the ABs defence against the SA Ball carrying in the loose has been absolutely superb. Smashed the big 8 back a couple of times now.

Will take a very good team to hold off their hard yards in contact for 80 minutes.

ABs up to the task so far

Painful to watch for the first 20 minutes. Got some composure after that, but still terrible with kick receiving (don't even want to say aerial battle because De Allende's knock on was just amateur from the goal line drop out).

Our attack has also looked pretty weak vs last week, maybe time to slot Libbok on for a few more options. Faf De Klerk has been our standout so far, constantly getting in the thick of things and making us ground, just wish our forwards would present the ball better for him. Kitshoff also been getting us some decent steals. Unfortunately Etzebeth has been anonymous in this one.

Have to pick it up significantly in the second half and stop making simple errors.

Benches making a big difference

Bet the slowmo of that try looks mint, full on superhero dive through the air

Another one for Kolbe's highlights reel. Do I dare hope for a comeback? A Grant Williams special?

You can't win when you don't play for thirty minutes. Hugely disappointing effort.

You can't win when you don't play for thirty minutes. Hugely disappointing effort.
Yeah but.. Is the key to just weather the ABs for the first 30 minutes and then they produce the same mediocre rugby with flashes of individual talent like they have for the last 8 years?

I don't want to see Willemse at 10 again. He is not a flyhalf. Stop forcing it.

There is a lot of room for improvement is about all I feel like I can take from this match. Need Am and Etzebeth back to their best. Apart from that I want to see Arendse in ahead of Mapimpi. Pollard still a key player for us. Libbok even though he isn't there Rob du Preez. Willemse can stay at 23. Covers well but his best rugby has always been at 12.

Two great wins for NZ on the trot. Building nicely. This RWC is wide open. France and Ireland need to bring their consistent best if we are going to have a new champion.

Latest posts